Brick Brewing Company
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada|
|Owner||Publicly Traded on TSX|
Brick Brewing Company Limited (TSX: BRB) is a brewery based in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario with several divisions. Brick is reportedly the largest Canadian-owned brewer in the province, and was also its first modern craft brewery
Brick's most successful brand is the Laker series. Brick also operates Waterloo Brewing, a craft brewing division, and LandShark Lager Canada.
The company's administration currently consists of president and CEO George Croft, CFO Sean Byrne, and COO Russell Tabata. Founder Jim Brickman resigned in 2008.
In January 2017, Brick put its Formosa Springs Brewery in Formosa, Ontario up for sale; that may result in the closing of the 40 thousand square foot plant if the new owner is not interested in retaining the facility. In addition to the Formosa brand, Brick is also selling the Red Baron lines. The company will then consolidate its operations in Kitchener and expand the plant, at an estimated cost of $4 million.
In the early 1990s, Brick briefly produced Pride Lager, Canada's first beer marketed specifically to gay consumers. Pride Lager was not a new product, however, but simply one of the company's existing brews bottled and sold under an alternate label.
Laker family of brands
- Laker Lager
- Laker Light
- Laker Ice
- Laker Red 5.5
- Laker Strong 6.5
- Laker Extra Ice 7.5
- Laker IPA
- Waterloo Brewing Company craft brews:
- Landshark Lager
- Laker Beer
- Seagram Wildberry Vodka Cooler
- Seagram Wildberry Extra 6.9 malt-based cooler
- "Company Profile for Brick Brewing Company Ltd (CA;BRB)". Retrieved 2008-10-10.
- Pender, Terry (January 5, 2017). "Brick Brewing expanding in Kitchener, closing Formosa Springs brewery". The Record. Kitchener. Retrieved January 27, 2017.
- Bernard, Kevin (January 6, 2017). "Historic Formosa Brewery Closing". 560 CFOS Radio. Bayshore Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved January 27, 2017.
Kitchener-Waterloo's Brick Brewing is putting its 146 year old Formosa site up for sale.
- "Micro-brewer brings out new Pride". Vancouver Sun, July 18, 1992.