Bridge of Clay
Bridge of Clay is a teen novel by Australian author Markus Zusak, to be published by Doubleday. The book primarily focuses on family and bridges, both physical and emotional. The main character, Clay, attempts to build a bridge over a river before it floods. Zusak has been planning the book for over ten years.
In an interview with The Guardian, Zusak made the following comments:
I'm writing a book called Bridge of Clay—about a boy building a bridge and wanting it to be perfect. He wants to achieve greatness with this bridge, and the question is whether it will survive when the river floods. That's all I can say about it for now—not out of secrecy, but you just don't know what direction a book is going to take, no matter how well you've planned.
The book's release date was originally set for 1 September 2011 but has been postponed to an undisclosed date.
- "Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak | Books | Amazon.com". Amazon. Retrieved 2010-03-18.
- "Markus Zusak Interview". Mother Daughter Book Clug. 6 April 2009. Archived from the original on 30 July 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-19.
- "Pump up the volumes - Books - Entertainment". smh.com.au. 21 January 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-14.
- "Australian writer Markus Zusak is already a literary sensation". Seattlepi.com. 6 April 2006. Retrieved 2009-02-14.
- Kinson, Sarah (2008-03-28). "Why I write: Markus Zusak | Books | guardian.co.uk". London: Guardian. Retrieved 2009-02-14.