Bridge of Clay
|Genre||Fiction, teen novel|
The book primarily focuses on family and bridges, both physical and emotional. The main character, Clay, attempts to build a bridge over a river before it floods. Zusak has been planning the book for over ten years.
In an interview with The Guardian, Zusak made the following comments:
I'm writing a book called Bridge of Clay—about a boy building a bridge and wanting it to be perfect. He wants to achieve greatness with this bridge, and the question is whether it will survive when the river floods. That's all I can say about it for now—not out of secrecy, but you just don't know what direction a book is going to take, no matter how well you've planned.
The book's release date was originally set for 1 September 2011 but has been postponed to an undisclosed date.
- "Bridge of Clay". Goodreads.
- "Markus Zusak Interview". Mother Daughter Book Clug. 6 April 2009. Archived from the original on 30 July 2009. Retrieved 2009-08-19.
- "Pump up the volumes - Books - Entertainment". smh.com.au. 21 January 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-14.
- "Australian writer Markus Zusak is already a literary sensation". Seattlepi.com. 6 April 2006. Retrieved 2009-02-14.
- Kinson, Sarah (2008-03-28). "Why I write: Markus Zusak | Books | guardian.co.uk". London: Guardian. Retrieved 2009-02-14.