|Private Ownership, Limited partnership|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Products||Investments, private equity funds|
|Total assets||€13 billion (GBP£11.4 billion)|
Bridgepoint is a pan-European private equity investor focused on acquiring leading middle market businesses valued up to €1 billion. Recent investments have included Quilter, Wiggle and Pret a Manger in the UK, Dorna in Spain, and Alain Afflelou and Histoire d'Or in France. It also operates a second business, Bridgepoint Development Capital, which specialises in smaller cap businesses valued up to €150 million.
Bridgepoint was known as NatWest Equity Partners until a management buyout in May 2000. In November 2008 Bridgepoint closed its latest €4.8 billion Bridgepoint Europe IV fund, bringing to €13 billion the amount of committed capital to date from institutional investors around the world.
- Infront Sports & Media, acquired 2011
- Pret a Manger,
- Leeds Bradford Airport
- Molton Brown
- Care UK Ltd
- Alain Afflelou
- Fat Face
- Infinitas Learning
- Nordic Cinema Group
- AHT Cooling System GmbH
- LGC- Analytical testing services - UK
- Virgin Active,
- Environmental Resources Management (ERM)
- ASK Italian
- Oasis Healthcare
- "NWEP renamed Bridgepoint Capital after MBO from NatWest". Press Room (Bridgepoint Capital). 2000-05-07. Archived from the original on July 5, 2007. Retrieved 2007-06-03.
- Pret a Manger to be sold to private equity, The Telegraph, 23 February 2008
- Walsh, Dominic (May 11, 2009). "Virgin Active seeks to grow la dolce vita". London: The Times. Archived from the original on 14 May 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- Bawden, Tom (October 14, 2005). "Private equity firm close to sealing $530m deal to buy Bridgepoint". London: The Times. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- "Bridgepoint / Bridgepoint Development Capital Invests in European online payments services provider Trustly". www.bridgepoint.eu. Retrieved 2015-11-26.
- Recommendation for Investment in Bridgepoint Europe IV. PSERS PRIVATE INVESTMENT PROGRAM, December 12, 2007
|This article about a private equity or venture capital firm based in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|