|Elevation||1,302 ft (397 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
Bridgeport is an unincorporated community in southeastern Smoky View Township, Saline County, Kansas, United States. It lies along K-4 and a short distance east of Interstate 135, south of the city of Salina.
A post office was opened in Bridgeport in 1879, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1976.
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Bridgeport has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- "Kansas Post Offices, 1828-1961". Kansas Historical Society. Archived from the original on October 9, 2013. Retrieved 23 June 2014. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- DeLorme. Kansas Atlas & Gazetteer. 4th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2009, 48. ISBN 0-89933-342-7.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Bridgeport, Kansas
- Climate Summary for Bridgeport, Kansas
- Update of Statistical Area Definitions and Guidance on Their Uses Archived 2008-11-17 at the Wayback Machine, Office of Management and Budget, 2007-11-20. Accessed 2008-08-14.
- USD 306
- Kansas School District Boundary Map Archived July 21, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- Saline County School District Map Archived July 27, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
|This article about a location in Saline County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|