Location within Saline County and Kansas
KDOT map of Saline County (legend)
|• Type||Unincorporated community|
|Elevation||1,302 ft (397 m)|
|Time zone||Central Standard Time (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||Central Daylight Time (UTC-5)|
Bridgeport is an unincorporated community in southeastern Smoky View Township, Saline County, Kansas, United States. It lies along K-4 and a short distance east of Interstate 135, south of the city of Salina, the county seat of Saline County. The Smoky Hill River flows through the community. Its elevation is 1,302 feet (397 m), and it is located at (38.6277833, -97.6130924). As a part of Saline County, Bridgeport is a part of the Salina micropolitan area.
A post office was opened in Bridgeport in 1879, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1976.
Primary and secondary education
The climate in this area is characterized by hot, humid summers and generally mild to cool winters. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Bridgeport has a humid subtropical climate, abbreviated "Cfa" on climate maps.
- DeLorme. Kansas Atlas & Gazetteer. 4th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2009, 48. ISBN 0-89933-342-7.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Bridgeport, Kansas
- Update of Statistical Area Definitions and Guidance on Their Uses, Office of Management and Budget, 2007-11-20. Accessed 2008-08-14.
- "Kansas Post Offices, 1828-1961". Kansas Historical Society. Archived from the original on October 9, 2013. Retrieved 23 June 2014.
- USD 306
- Kansas School District Boundary Map
- Saline County School District Map
- Climate Summary for Bridgeport, Kansas
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bridgeport, Kansas.|
|This article about a location in Saline County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|