Bridgeport Independent School District
|Bridgeport Independent School District|
|2107 15th St.|
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||178.35 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||12.66 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class AAAA|
|Colors||Maroon and white|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2015-16||Met Standard|
Bridgeport Independent School District is a public school district based in Bridgeport, Texas, United States. In addition to Bridgeport, the district also serves the cities of Lake Bridgeport and Runaway Bay. The district operates one high school, Bridgeport High School.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $1,226,863,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.023 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. 49 percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received this rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Academically Acceptable
- 2010: Academically Acceptable
- 2009: Academically Acceptable
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in five schools.
- Bridgeport High School (grades 9-12)
- Bridgeport Middle (grades 6-8)
- Bridgeport Intermediate (grades 3-5)
- Bridgeport Elementary (grades PK-2)
- Wise County Special Education Coop (grades PK-12)
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Bridgeport ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Bridgeport High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011 (as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.