13 February 1985
New Delhi, India
|Spouse(s)||Amos Phillips (m. 2011)|
Bridget Neval (born 13 February 1985) is a retired Australian/Canadian actress. She has been in various television programs including Wicked Science but is most famous for her portrayal of Lana Crawford in Neighbours.
Neval was born in India and lived there for a few months before moving to Canada. She then moved to Australia at the age of 13. This has resulted in her having a unique accent which is a mixture of Australian and Canadian. Her father is Canadian and her mother is Australian.
In March 2011, Neval married Amos Phillips in Byron Bay, NSW, Australia. She has legally changed her name to Bridget Phillips.
In December 2011, Bridget began contributing articles to Bon Vivant, an Australian comedy website.
This was the first role in which Neval was a main cast member. She played Reine Davidson, the nemesis of protagonist Guinevere Jones and her friends. There were 2 seasons of this program with a total of 26 episodes filmed all of which first aired in 2002
She also portrays teenage genius Elizabeth Hawke (lead role) in Wicked Science (2003–2005), an Australian-produced children's series. In the series Elizabeth Hawke and Toby Johnson became geniuses after a science experiment went wrong. Elizabeth had previously been a quiet nerd but she uses her new-found intelligence for evil, making her the villain of the program. Only fellow genius Toby can stop her from hurting innocent people. The first series of Wicked Science won 2004 AFI Award for Best Children's Television Drama. First season was produced in 2002–2003 and the second in 2004–2005.
Neval played Lana Crawford in Neighbours (2004–05) who was the series' first lesbian character.
Performed as part of the Melbourne Fringe Festival, the play opened on 3 October 2006. Written and directed by Sally McLean, Chasing Pegasus focuses on a night in the lives of ten members of the Serendipity Book Club. Bridget plays the role of Amelia, a sixteen-year-old.
Damned by Dawn
Filmed in 2006, Damned by Dawn is an Australian horror film released in America on Blu-ray and DVD on 9 November 2010. Neval played the role of The Banshee, a ghostly spirit whose eerie cries awaken the dead.
- "Bridget Neval twitter". Retrieved 23 May 2011.
- "My experience of eating disorders". Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- "People say stupid things". Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- "Bon Vivant: Smart people, dumb jokes". Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- "Wicked Science". Retrieved 3 February 2009.
- "Chasing Pegasus official site". Retrieved 3 February 2009.
- "Major Horror DVD and Blu-Ray Releases for November 9th". Retrieved 10 November 2010.
- "Damned By Dawn official website". Retrieved 10 November 2010.
- "Crawlspace – Australian Horror is like Cronenberg meets Die Hard". Retrieved 1 August 2011.