October 11, 1980 |
Boise, Idaho, U.S.
|Other names||Bridget Powerz, Bridget "the Midget" Powers, Bridgette|
|Height||3 ft 9 in (1.14 m)|
|No. of adult films||64 (per IAFD)|
Bridget Powers (born October 11, 1980) is the pseudonym of Cheryl Murphy, an American hardcore pornographic actress with dwarfism. She is often credited as "Bridget the Midget" or with the alternate spelling "Bridget Powerz". Besides her adult work, she has also appeared in many films in either comedic or dramatic roles, such as in Big Money Rustlas and Tiptoes.
Her parents divorced when she was one year old, and she had a number of operations between the ages of three and fourteen to correct bowed legs; the results left her with one straight leg and one that points to the left. Powers has to wear a knee brace.
Powers was discovered at a Goth nightclub by a man who was working as a make-up artist for a gothic vampire adult movie. She made her first porn film in 1999. By her own count, she appeared in 65 to 70 original films, with compilations bringing that up to over 110. She left the business as she wished to do condom-only scenes yet many of the male performers would remove the condoms. Disillusioned with the exploitation of the porn film industry, she then set up her own video on demand website.
She was a co-host on Ed Powers' radio show Bedtime Stories. She is also in a band named Blakkout. In addition to her erotic film roles, she has appeared in several mainstream films, such as 8mm, S.W.A.T., I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind, and independent films such as Almost Amateur, Tiptoes, and Lynsey does Jody 2 - Extreme Edition.
She appeared as herself in the 2002 HBO documentary series Cathouse which explored the lives of the owners, management, staff and customers of the Moonlite Bunny Ranch brothel in Mound House, Nevada. As "Bridget the Midget", she was featured in an episode of the History Channel series Wild West Tech. In 2006, she appeared on an episode of VH1's celebrity reality show, The Surreal Life. She has also appeared on The Howard Stern Show on E! She also played the role of Tink, Sheriff Sugar Wolf's love interest in the 2010 film Big Money Rustlas.
She has at least one child.
- David Giles (2003). Media psychology. Routledge. p. 100. ISBN 0-8058-4048-6.
- "Sleaze Interviews: Bridget the Midget". Bizarre. August 2004. Retrieved 2008-01-16.
- "Bridget Powers - Biography Filmography". Internet Adult Film Database. Retrieved 20 July 2010.
- Nichola Fergeson (July 2008). "Bridget The Midget". Xtreme Magazine. Retrieved 2008-07-13.
- Nicholas Kolya (2002). You Never Ate Lunch in This Town to Begin With!: An Outsider's Inside Look at the Outside of Hollywood. iUniverse. p. 222. ISBN 0-595-24967-1.
- "Party Favors: An Interview with Cathouse’s Dennis Hof". QuickStopEntertainment.com. 2007-02-20. Retrieved 2008-08-30.