Bridget Terry Long
Bridget Terry Long
|Born||July 18, 1973|
|Alma mater||Princeton University, Harvard University|
|Institutions||Harvard Graduate School of Education|
|Doctoral advisor||Caroline M. Hoxby, Lawrence F. Katz, and Claudia Goldin|
Bridget Terry Long is the 12th Dean of the Harvard Graduate School of Education, and the Saris Professor of Education and Economics. She is also a National Bureau of Economic Research Faculty Research Associate, and the former chair of the National Board of Education Sciences.
Her research focuses on the economics of education, particularly the transition from high school to college. Her work examines the factors that influence students' choices, the impact of financial aid programs, and the role of various factors in affecting student outcomes.
- Bettinger, Eric P.; Long, Bridget Terry (2009). "Addressing the needs of underprepared students in higher education does college remediation work?". Journal of Human resources. 44 (3): 736–771. JSTOR 20648915.
- Bettinger, Eric P.; Long, Bridget Terry; Oreopoulos, Philip; Sanbonmatsu, Lisa (2012). "The role of application assistance and information in college decisions: Results from the H&R Block FAFSA experiment" (PDF). The Quarterly Journal of Economics. 127 (3): 1205–1242.
- Calcagno, Juan Carlos; Long, Bridget Terry (2008). "The impact of postsecondary remediation using a regression discontinuity approach: Addressing endogenous sorting and noncompliance" (PDF). National Bureau of Economic Research (w14194).
- Long, Bridget Terry; Kurlaender, Michal (2009). "Do community colleges provide a viable pathway to a baccalaureate degree?". Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis. 31 (1): 30–53. JSTOR 25478683.
- Bettinger, Eric P.; Long, Bridget Terry (2005). "Do faculty serve as role models? The impact of instructor gender on female students". The American Economic Review. 95 (2): 152–157. JSTOR 4132808.
- "Bridget Terry Long to lead Ed School". harvard.edu. harvard.edu. Retrieved May 2, 2018.
- "2017 Calderwood Lecture: Bridget Terry Long 02481 - HAR.com". Homes And Rentals - HAR.com. Retrieved 2017-05-24.
- "Is College Worth It? Yes, But Not Always | PayScale". www.payscale.com. Retrieved 2017-05-24.
- "Bridget Terry Long". The Chronicle of Higher Education. 2005-07-15. Retrieved 2017-05-24.
- "CSMGEP Profiles: Bridget Terry Long, Harvard University; Honing In on the Economics of Higher Education". www.aeaweb.org. Retrieved 2017-05-24.
- "Bridget Terry Long". www.aera100.net. Retrieved 2017-05-24.
- "Leading Researcher Bridget Terry Long to Address College Student Access and Success at Los Angeles Event on Jan. 11". www.aera.net. Retrieved 2017-05-24.
|This biography of an American economist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|