Brigade Nord (Brig. N.; Northern Brigade) is the major combat formation and only brigade of the Norwegian Army. It is mostly based in mid-Troms (Bardu and Målselv) north of the Arctic Circle. Until 2009, the brigade was part of the 6th Division.
- Telemark Battalion (Norwegian: Telemark bataljon, combined arms battalion, Rena) Operating from Leopard 2 Main Battle Tanks, CV9030 Armoured Personnel Carriers and Iveco Light Multirole Vehicle.
- Armoured Battalion (Norwegian: Panserbataljonen, Setermoen) Operating from Leopard 2 Main Battle Tanks and CV9030 Armoured Personnel Carriers.
- 2nd Battalion - Motorized Infantry Battalion (Skjold)
- Artillery Battalion (Norwegian: Artilleribataljonen, Setermoen) Using M109A3GNM Howitzers.
- Ingeniørbataljonen - Combat Engineer Battalion (Skjold) Operating from variants of M113 APC's and special purpose tanks on Leopard 1 chassis.
- Etterretningsbataljonen - Battlefield Surveillance, Intelligence Gathering & Electronic Warfare Battalion (Setermoen)
- Sambandsbataljonen - Signal Battalion (Bardufoss)
- Sanitetsbataljonen - Medical Battalion (Setermoen)
- CSS-bataljonen - Combat Service Support (Logistics) Battalion (Bardufoss)
- Hærens befalsskole - Norwegian Army Officer School (Rena)
- Jegerkompaniet - Ranger Company (Lakselv) (No longer in existence)
- MP-kompaniet - Military Police Company (Bardufoss)