Brigham City Utah Temple
|Brigham City Utah Temple|
|Dedication||23 September 2012
Boyd K. Packer
|Site||3.14 acres (1.3 hectares)|
|Floor area||36,000 sq ft (3,300 m2)|
|Height||165 ft (50 m)|
|Preceded by||Manaus Brazil Temple|
|Followed by||Calgary Alberta Temple|
|Official website• News & images|
The Brigham City Utah Temple is a temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) in Brigham City, Utah. The temple was announced by church president Thomas S. Monson on October 3, 2009, during the church's general conference. The temple was announced concurrently with those to be constructed in Concepción, Chile, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Fortaleza, Brazil and Sapporo, Japan; at the time, the announcement brought the total number of temples worldwide to 151 (including those under construction and announced). It is the fourteenth temple of the LDS Church completed in Utah.
On the morning of June 28, 2011, the western spire was installed. The angel Moroni statue was installed on the eastern tower on July 12, 2011. The installation was delayed for almost two hours due to weather problems.
A public open house was held from 18 August through 15 September 2012, excluding Sundays and Saturdays. The temple was formally dedicated in three sessions on September 23, 2012, by Packer. The dedicatory sessions were broadcast to congregations of the church within Utah. In conjunction with the dedication of the temple, there was a cultural celebration featuring music and dance on September 22.
- Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
- Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Utah
- "President Thomas S. Monson: 'Welcome to Conference'", Deseret News, October 3, 2009, retrieved 2012-10-15.
- Talor, Scott (October 3, 2009), "Brigham City among five new locales for LDS temples", Deseret News, retrieved 2012-10-15.
- Taylor, Scott (October 3, 2009). "Brigham City among five new locales for LDS temples". Deseret News. Retrieved 2012-10-15.
- "And the location is...". Box Elder News Journal. October 27, 2009. Retrieved 2012-10-15.
- "News Release", Newsroom, LDS Church, July 31, 2010, retrieved 2012-10-15
- Stettler, Jeremiah (July 15, 2011), "Thousands see Moroni go up on Mormon temple", The Salt Lake Tribune
- "News Release", Newsroom, LDS Church, April 19, 2012, retrieved 2012-10-15
- Media related to Brigham City Utah Temple at Wikimedia Commons
- Brigham City Utah Temple (official)
- Brigham City Utah Temple at LDSChurchTemples.com
- Oral Histories about the building and opening of the Brigham City Utah Temple from the Brigham City Museum-Gallery and Brigham City Library
|This article related to the Latter Day Saint movement is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|