|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, United States|
BrightTALK is a technology media company that provides professional webinar and video solutions to a variety of industries. Headquartered in San Francisco, BrightTALK also has offices in London and New York.
BrightTALK was founded in London in 2002 by Paul Heald and Dorian Logan to pursue the development of webcasting technologies in knowledge industries. BrightTALK developed its first technology platform to deliver recorded video presentations with synchronized slides and live audio (or webinar) and focused initially on the fund management industry.
BrightTALK later extended its business into other knowledge-based sectors such as information technology and health in addition to B2B media, which they entered through a joint venture with Incisive Media known as Conjecture in 2004. The first version of BrightTALK Media Zone, a rebuild of the original webcasting technology, launched the following year. The company also funded the development of a new business, e-Symposium, which it acquired in the end of 2005 and renamed BrightTALK Conferences.
BrightTALK opened its first office in the United States in 2006 and began to develop the technology to make live audio webcasting possible as a self-service tool. The new website launched in September 2008 enables business professionals to find and deliver webinars and videos.
Paul Heald, CEO of BrightTALK, commented (on Quora, June 24, 2014) about the sharing of knowledge, organized around professional communities, hinting that there could be potential network effects as more end users participate in using the BrightTALK website.
Awards and recognitions
- BrightTALK Crunchbase Profile
- BusinessWeek Company Description
- "Incisive Media plc, preliminary results for the year ended 31 December 2004". Telegraph.co.uk. 7 March 2005.
- "BrightTALK launches free b2b webcast service". www.btobonline.com. 2 September 2008.
- "Webcasting – audio and video streamed presentations". www.smartinsights.com. 10 December 2008.
- "Webinars aren't dead yet, says BrightTALK and its $20.5M round". VentureBeat.com. September 28, 2011.
- Heald, Paul; Cantrell, Morgan (June 24, 2014). "What is BrightTALK's business model?". Quora. Archived from the original on September 16, 2015. Retrieved September 16, 2015.
BrightTALK provides a platform for business professionals who want access to the knowledge and connections they need to make business decisions and advance their careers. Like LinkedIn or YouTube the content on BrightTALK is organized around professional communities and these communities create value for the people participating in them.
Importantly for BrightTALK's business model, the companies that support those communities need to share their knowledge through videos and webinars and reach the people that most need to hear from them, which is the basis of BrightTALK's business model. It is the genuine exchange of value between businesses and the professionals that they serve that makes BrightTALK possible.
- Sunday Times Fast Track 100
- B2B Marketing Awards Shortlist