Bright Hill MRT Station
|Owned by||Land Transport Authority|
|Operated by||SMRT Trains (SMRT Corporation)|
|Previous names||Sin Ming|
Bright Hill MRT Station (TE7) is a future underground Mass Rapid Transit station on the Thomson-East Coast Line in Bishan planning area, Singapore. Scheduled for completion in 2020, this station serves the residential estate of Sin Ming.
Bright Hill MRT Station is a fully underground mass rapid transit station with four station access points. The station serves the primarily industrial estate of Sin Ming and is located near landmarks such as Bishan Park Secondary School, Peirce Secondary School and Ai Tong School. It is also located close to the Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery, Singapore's largest Mahayana Buddhist temple and the place from which this station derived its name from.
On 29 August 2012, it was announced that a Mass Rapid Transit station would be built in the primarily industrial estate of Sin Ming as part of the new Thomson MRT line. This underground station was given the working name "Sin Ming". The station was subsequently given its official name of "Bright Hill MRT Station" on 27 August 2014 after a public voting exercise to determine the names of Thomson Line stations. This name is the English translation of the location name "Kong Meng San" (光明山), where the Monastery is located.
The Land Transport Authority awarded the contract to design and build the Bright Hill MRT Station and its associated tunnels, worth SGD$454 million, to Penta-Ocean Construction on 21 February 2014. The station is expected to be completed by 2020.
Bright Hill MRT Station was incorporated into the Thomson-East Coast MRT Line when the Land Transport Authority announced that the Eastern Region MRT Line and Thomson MRT line would be operating as a single line.
On 17 January 2013, a new railway line was announced. The Cross Island MRT Line is a 50 km rail that stretches between Changi and Jurong. It was reported to pass towns such as Loyang, Pasir Ris, Hougang, Ang Mo Kio, Bukit Timah, West Coast and Clementi along the way. And it will have interchanges with all the current radial lines.
Part of the line will have a branch-out that links Punggol to Pasir Ris.
Bright Hill is one of the stations to be an interchange with the Cross Island Line.
- "New Thomson MRT line to open in 2019". Asiaone. 2012-08-02. Archived from the original on 2015-11-25. Retrieved 2015-08-08.
- "TEL Location Maps" (PDF). Land Transport Authority, Singapore. Retrieved 2015-08-03.
- "Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery". National Library Board, Singapore. 2010-02-10. Retrieved 2015-08-08.
- "Local Names for Local MRT Stations" (PDF). Institute of Policy Studies. 2014. Retrieved 2015-08-07.
- "Thomson Line Station Names Finalised". Land Transport Authority. 27 June 2014. Archived from the original on 19 August 2014. Retrieved 2015-08-08.
- "LTA awards three Thomson MRT Line contracts worth $1.09 billion". The Straits Times. 2014-02-21. Retrieved 2015-08-08.
- "New Thomson-East Coast Line to run through estates in the east including Marine Parade". The Straits Times. Asiaone. 2014-08-15. Retrieved 2015-08-08.