Brighton Seminole Indian Reservation
Brighton Seminole Indian Reservation is an Indian reservation of the Seminole Tribe of Florida, located in northeast Glades County near the northwest shore of Lake Okeechobee. It is one of six reservations held in trust by the federal government for this tribe. The reservation has a land area of approximately 146 Square kilometers or 36,000 acres.  and a 2000 census resident population of 566 persons.
The Seminole Tribe of Florida operates the Brighton Seminole Casino here, a 27,000-square-foot casino with 375-slot and gaming machines, a seven-table poker room, and high-stake bingo seats, with full service restaurant and lounge. The reservation also is used for part of the tribe's cattle operations, the 12th-largest in the country.
The other five Seminole Tribe of Florida reservations are:
- Big Cypress Reservation, the largest territory, including 81.972 sq mi (212.306 km²), in Broward and Hendry Counties
- Hollywood Reservation (formerly called the Dania Reservation), 497 acres (2.01 km2) acres, Broward County
- Immokalee Reservation, Collier County
- Fort Pierce Reservation, a 50 acres (0.20 km2) site in St. Lucie County, taken into trust for the tribe in 1995 by the United States Department of the Interior
- Tampa Reservation, located in Hillsborough County
- "Seminole Gaming", The Seminole Tribe of Florida Official Website
- Mahon, pp. 201–202.
- Pritzker 392
- Daniel Chang, "Seminole Tribe to Close Park Near Hollywood", Miami Herald, 14 September 2012
- Mahon, John K.; Brent R. Weisman (1996). "Florida's Seminole and Miccosukee Peoples". In Gannon, Michael (Ed.). The New History of Florida, pp. 183–206. University Press of Florida. ISBN 0-8130-1415-8.
- Pritzker, Barry M. A Native American Encyclopedia: History, Culture, and Peoples. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000. ISBN 978-0-19-513877-1.
- Seminole Tribe of Florida, official website
- Brighton Reservation, Florida, United States Census Bureau
- Brighton Seminole Indian Reservation Cemetery, Glades County, Florida, US GenWeb