||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Number of employees
Brightpearl is an omnichannel retail management platform for inventory management, order processing and fulfilment, contact relationship management, and accounting automation. Brightpearl maintains integrations to Shopify, Magento, Shipstation, Shiptheory, Amazon, ebay and many other retail technologies.
Brightpearl grew out of founder Chris Tanner’s prior business, Lush Longboards, when Chris brought to market the software he had written to run Lush’s sales and operations (including its ecommerce website) under the name Pearl Software. Pearl software took on its first customer (outside of Lush) in 2008. By late 2009, the company had over 100 paying customers.
Pearl was renamed Brightpearl in early 2010, about the same time that the company took in its first outside investor, Eden Ventures. Eden was later joined by Notion Capital as investors in Brightpearl.
By late 2011, the company had seen over 6,000 companies sign up to use its cloud-based business management platform.
Brightpearl version 3 (early 2011) represented a significant enhancement of the company’s inventory management features.
Brightpearl 4 was released in September 2011 and significantly changed the user interface.
Brightpearl Raises $8 Million Series B For Its Cloud Software To Help Retailers Manage Sales Across Multiple Channels. (May 2013)
Brightpearl Raises $10 Million Series C used to accelerate investment in product and sales expansion. (April 2014) 
Brightpearl Raises $11 Million To help accelerate its growth (January 2016) 
Brightpearl is a SaaS based business software system that integrates a range of different business functions including accounting, CRM, inventory management, ecommerce, projects, helpdesk, POS, purchasing, and sales order management.
They also provide functionality for businesses to connect with Alibaba, eBay, Magento, Amazon, Shopify, Bigcommerce, I-Fulfilment, ekmPowershop, Google calendar and apps, and MailChimp. As well as number of payment providers including Paypal, Sagepay, and SecureTrading.
The Brightpearl to Magento integration allows you to host your webstore with Magento but to manage your inventory and sales in Brightpearl! Product information will be pushed from Brightpearl, Orders and Customers will be downloaded from Magento, and Order shipments will be pushed back into your Magento system.
In Brightpearl 2015 Brightpearl added a category of apps to their app store known as 'gold' apps. These are apps that Brightpearl support and sell theirselves.
There are a total of 16 gold apps in the app store which help augment Brightpearl in areas it has not directly created software for. However from the 16 gold apps, only 2 of them have been provided by third parties outside of Brightpearl and both are around shipping automation, Shipstation and Shiptheory.
- "Brightpearl announces collaboration with Alibaba.com". Brightpearl. Retrieved 2016-01-30.
- "In Business: Chips Off The Old Block". BBC.
- "Bristol business software start up attracts Silicon Valley veteran". Telegraph.
- "From Silicon Valley to Silicon Britain". FT.
- "Brightpearl Raises $8 Million Series B For Its Cloud Software To Help Retailers Manage Sales Across Multiple Channels". Techcrunch.
- Brightpearl company website
- The Five Hottest Internet Startups | Management Today article
- Brightpearl aims for the big league | AccountingWeb article
- Brightpearl get backing | Insider Media article
- The Need for Seed | Growing Business article
- Brightpearl scores further $5m from Notion and Eden for its cloud-based solution for SMEs| Techcrunch
- Brightpearl Raises $8 Million Series B For Its Cloud Software To Help Retailers Manage Sales Across Multiple Channels