|Member of the National Assembly|
for Paris's 4th constituency
|Assumed office |
21 June 2017
|Preceded by||Bernard Debré|
|Mayor of the 17th arrondissement of Paris|
29 March 2008 – 11 July 2017
|Preceded by||Françoise de Panafieu|
|Succeeded by||Geoffroy Boulard|
12 April 1959
|Political party||RPR (until 2002)|
The Republicans (since 2015)
Brigitte Kuster (née Thomas, born 12 April 1959) is a French politician serving as the member of the National Assembly for the fourth constituency of Paris since 2017. A member of The Republicans, she previously was Mayor of the 17th arrondissement of Paris from 2008 to 2017.
A journalist by occupation, she started her career at Europe 1 before becoming a public servant at the Ministry of the Environment. She was elected to the Council of Paris in the 2001 municipal election and became Mayor of the 17th arrondissement seven years later. In January 2016, Kuster was appointed party spokesperson under the leadership of Nicolas Sarkozy, alongside Guillaume Peltier, Valérie Debord and Guillaume Larrivé. She retained the position until December 2017.
In Parliament, where she succeeded Bernard Debré after the 2017 legislative election, Kuster serves on the Committee on Cultural Affairs and Education. In addition to her committee assignments, she is part of the French-Cambodian Parliamentary Friendship Group, the French-Haitian Parliamentary Friendship Group and the French-Tunisian Parliamentary Friendship Group.
In the 2016 The Republicans presidential primary, Kuster endorsed Nicolas Sarkozy as the party's candidate for the office of President of France. In the Republicans' 2017 leadership election, she endorsed Laurent Wauquiez.
- "Brigitte Kuster on National Assembly website" (in French). National Assembly (France). Retrieved 10 January 2020.
- Les Républicains: Nicolas Sarkozy nomme quatre nouveaux porte-parole Le Point, 6 January 2016.
- Brigitte Kuster National Assembly.
- Ludovic Vigogne (20 April 2016), Bataillons: Primaire à droite: la liste des premiers soutiens parlementaires L'Opinion.
- Ludovic Vigogne (11 October 2017), La liste des 136 parrains de Laurent Wauquiez L'Opinion.