Brihaspati Dev Triguna
|Brihaspati Dev Triguna|
Triguna was president of the All-India Ayurvedic Congress and held several government positions, including Director of the Central Council for Research on Ayurveda and chairman of the National Academy of Ayurveda. He was the personal physician for the President of India. He worked towards standardization of ayurvedic medicines, certifications at the ayurvedic medical colleges of India.
Triguna collaborated with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi and other ayuvedic experts to develop Maharishi Ayurveda. His primary practice was in Sarai Kale Khan behind Delhi's Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station, although he traveled to many parts of the world, including Europe where he opened Ayurveda clinics. His travel in the U.S. included giving talks on Ayurveda at medical schools such as UCLA, Harvard, and Johns Hopkins.
Vaidya Brihaspati Dev Triguna died on 1 January 2013 at his home in Sarai Kale Khan, Nizamuddin New Delhi. His sons Narendra triguna and Vaidya Devendra Triguna carries on his practice at the same location.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 November 2014. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "Chopra meets wise healer in India". Chicago Sun-Times. 31 January 1988.
- "The Magic of Maharishi Ayurveda" Maharishi Ayurveda Products International web site
- "The Maharishi Ayurveda Story" Maharishi Ayurveda Products International web site
- Ayurveda - Ayurveda - Medicine and treatment in India Archived 6 April 2009 at the Wayback Machine. by Parveen Chopra, Lifepostive magazine
- Krier, Beth Ann (3 June 1986). "Pulse as a Window on the State of Your Health". Los Angeles Times.
- "Sonal Mansingh, others receive Padma awards". The Hindu. 4 April 2003. Retrieved 2009-03-28.
- "Famous and beloved Vaidya Dr. Triguna Maharishi Mahesh died". ayurveda-portal.de. Archived from the original on 13 April 2014. Retrieved 11 October 2013.
- "A Tribute to Rajvaidya Brihaspati Dev Triguna-ji". Maharishi's Global Family Chat. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- Touching the Pulse to Create Balance and Health : an interview with Dr. Brihaspati Dev Triguna
- Ayurveda, Vaidya Brihaspati Dev Triguna Research on Ayurveda in India and its practitioners
- A Tribute to Dr. Triguna
|This Indian medicine-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|