Brijendra has worked in theatre as an actor for more than 17 years. He applied[when?] to the National School of Drama's Repertory, but by the time the intimation regarding his interview reached his address, the batch was full. Later, he applied for the Shri Ram Centre for Performing Arts Repertory in Delhi, but did not get in. Kala was involved with local theatre groups in his home city before he moved to Mumbai in 1992 to try his luck in Hindi films. In Mumbai screenwriter Achala Ashar, took him under their wings and he assisted them in screenwriting.
He wrote the dialogues for several TV shows produced by Ekta Kapoor, including Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii. His acting debut came much later, Kala had to wait until 2003, when he was cast in a tiny role as a newspaper vendor in Tigmanshu Dhulia's Haasil, whom he has known since their "struggling days".
Kala was rated as one of the current cinema's most popular scene-stealers. His memorable appearance as a shabbily dressed uncle in Rajat Kapoor's Ankhon Dekhi (2013) earned him praise and roles in over a dozen movies.
|Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga||Chaubey|
|2018||PK Lele A Salesman||Mr Lele|
|Batti Gul Meter Chalu||Deendayal Juyal|
|Love per Square Foot||T. C. Mishra||released on Netflix|
|Angrezi Mein Kehte Hain||Batti|||
|Udanchhoo||Kal Bhairav (Lawyer)|
|2017||Panchlait||Chhadidaar Aganu Mahto|
|Dhh||Hindi teacher||Gujarati film|
|Qarib Qarib Singlle||Hotel Receiptionist|
|Shubh Mangal Saavdhan||Sugandha's Uncle|
|Jolly LLB 2||Dubey Ji|
|Running Shaadi||Uncle of Ram Bharose|
|2016||M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story||Commentator Shukla|||
|Rustom||Head constable Tukaram|
|2015||Dolly Ki Doli||Sub Inspector Khan|
|Meeruthiya Gangsters||Jayantilal Jain|
|Miss Tanakpur Haazir Ho||Lawyer|
|2014||Identity Card Ek Lifeline||Constable|
|Kuku Mathur Ki Jhand Ho Gayi||Babaji|
|Bhoothnath Returns||Manager of Heaven|
|Ankhon Dekhi||Mama Ji|
|Jolly LLB||Jolly's Fellow Lawyer||Shown in Opening Scene|
|2012||Future to Bright Hai Ji||Baramdutt|
|Jannat 2||Dadda – Assistant of ACP Pratap Raghuvanshi (Randeep Hooda)|
|Paan Singh Tomar||Press Reporter|
|Jo Dooba So Paar||Dr. Sharma|
|Chalo Dilli||Train Ticket Collector|
|Mere Brother Ki Dulhan||Salman Bhai (Wedding Planner)|
|2010||Phas Gaye Re Obama||Police Inspector|
|Pappu Can't Dance Saala||Nagesh|
|Dus Tola||Abdul Chai-Wala|
|Karthik Calling Karthik||Executive – Telephone Exchange|
|Raat Gayi, Baat Gayi?|
|Mithya||Police Inspector – Shyaam|
|2007||Jab We Met||Taxi Driver|
|2006||Ahista Ahista||P.C.O. Owner|
|2005||Bunty Aur Babli|
|Raghu Romeo||TV Director|
- Pereira, Priyanka (3 April 2012). "Hero by Character". The Indian Express. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "'शुभ मंगल सावधान' में आपको गुदगुदाएंगे उत्तराखंड के ताऊ- Amarujala". Amar Ujala. Retrieved 3 December 2017.
- "'ट्यूबलाइट' में क्या है सलमान खान का 'सीक्रेट', एक्टर ने खोला राज- Amarujala". Amar Ujala. Retrieved 3 November 2017.
- Gaekwad, Manish. "How Brijendra Kala steals the scene each and every time". Scroll.in. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- "brijendra kala of uttarakhand comes with movie tubelight | Uttaranchal Today". uttaranchaltoday.com. Retrieved 18 September 2018.
- @rajyaSameeksha. "Uttarakhand News: Brijendra kala played a fantastic role in bollywood upcoming movie". rajyasameeksha.com. Retrieved 18 September 2018.
- "Know Your Actor". The Indian Express. 11 May 2014. Retrieved 28 September 2017.
- Jha, Aditya Mani (15 December 2017). "Let there be Panchlait". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- Pandolin (25 December 2017). "Angrezi Mein Kehte Hain -wins the best feature film award at HBO's South Asian International Film Festival, New York. | Pandolin". Pandolin. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
|This article about an Indian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|