|Born||15 September 1959 or 1965|
Baku, Azerbaijan SSR, Soviet Union
Brilliant Dadashova was born into a family of five children. Brilliant Dadashova's older sisters also pursued careers in music.
Dadashova first appeared on stage in 1985 with the songs by Azerbaijani composer Eldar Mansurov. In 1986, she participated in the annual International Youth Festival in Moscow. Two years later, she won the prestigious All-Union Pop Singers Contest, a singing competition among representatives of the republics of the Soviet Union. In 1990, she graduated from the Azerbaijan National Culture and Arts Institute. She is one of the few pop singers native to Azerbaijan to have played outside of their home country. Dadashova's concert venues included the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Russia, and Turkey.
In 1995, her song Züleyha hit the top 10 in Russian charts. In 1997, Dadashova was among the musicians who participated in the recording of the album Landet vi kommer fra ("The Land We Came From"; released by Kirkelig Kulturverksted in Norway), which included Azeri folk songs sung in Azeri and Norwegian by the Azerbaijani soloists and the Norwegian choir SKRUK. In 1999, Brilliant Dadashova was elected to the Baku City Council. From 2001 to 2006 she hosted her own prime time talk-show Gözəllik dünyanı xilas edəcək ("Beauty will save the world") on Azerbaijan's Space TV.
In 2004, her song Vokaliz (a 2001 vocal improvisation of the Azeri folk dance tunes Meydan and Baki, as well as Vagif Garayzadeh's Novruzu musical composition) became an issue of controversy after allegedly having been performed by the Armenian singer Varduhi Vardanyan, who was accused of violating copyright. Vardanyan vehemently denied the accusations and claimed that the song is a traditional Armenian folk song. Since September 2006, Brilliant Dadashova has been actively involved in the Akademiya TV-project (the Azerbaijani version of Star Academy) aimed at professional musical training of talented youths and preparing them for the big stage. During her career, Brilliant released seven albums. Her last one called Saninlayam ("I'm with You"), was released in September 2002, and was dedicated to the memory of composer Rafig Babayev. She released another studio album, titled Masal Dunyam, in Azerbaijan and Turkey in August 2008.
Brilliant Dadashova is married to stage actor Adalat Hajiyev and has a son. In March 2011, she announced that she had filed for divorce due to a long-term complicated relationship.
- Бриллиант Дадашева подтверждает свое турецкое гражданство.
- 23 saylı Nəsimi-Səbayıl seçki dairəsi üzrə seçicilərin daimi siyahısı.
- Müğənninin rəsmi saytında 1965-ci ildə anadan olduğu göstərilib.
- Kim harada və nə vaxt doğulub? (SİYAHI). anspress.com
- Brilliant Dadashova – Biography at Dadashova.com
- Norwegians Find 'The Land We Come From' by Steinar Opheim. Azerbaijan International. #5.4, Winter 1997
- (in Azerbaijani) Once Again on the Misappropriation of Our Traditions Archived October 8, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. by Kamran Imanov. Copyright Agency of the Republic of Azerbaijan
- Song Squabble: Words become weapons in regional battle over pop tune Archived September 26, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. By Gayane Abrahamyan, ArmeniaNow arts reporter
- People's Artist of Azerbaijan to Divorce?. Day.az. 1 April 2011.
- Brilliant Dadashova's channel on YouTube
- Brilliant Dadashova's Homepage at brilliantdadasova.com
- on YouTube (videoclip shot in 2004)