|Elevation||951 ft (290 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||431529|
Brimfield was laid out and platted in 1861. The community was likely named after Brimfield, in England. A post office was established at Brimfield in 1867, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1986.
Brimfield is located at.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-05.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Brimfield, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved July 16, 2017.
- Counties of LaGrange and Noble, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. 1882. p. 203.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 76. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
...and perhaps named after the English village...
- "Noble County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved May 5, 2017.
|This Noble County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|