Brine Leas School
|Chair||Mrs Su Turner|
|Local authority||Cheshire East|
|DfE URN||111439 Tables|
|Houses||Audley, Lovell, Warwick|
The school opened in 1977 as a comprehensive co-educational establishment. The first head teacher was Daphne Howard; on her retirement Michael Butler became head teacher. Andrew Cliffe became the school's third head teacher in September, 2007. In September, 2010, the school became one of just 32 to take up academy status. In 2011, the school received a capital grant of over £1 to improve facilities around the site. The school operates a house system, with every pupil and staff member in either "Audley", "Lovell", or "Warwick". For the last ten years the school has been oversubscribed although it does continue to take pupils on distance criteria.
The 2008 Ofsted inspection outlined the school as having outstanding overall effectiveness, with constantly exceptional pupil achievement. Since the school was inspected results have improved yet further with headlines for five A*to C including English and maths consistently being around 70%.
- Bryony Page, trampoline silver medal at 2016 Olympics
- Laura Smith Member of Parliament (MP) for Crewe and Nantwich since the 2017 general election
- Blitz Kids, an alternative rock from Nantwich and Crewe
- Census 2012
- "Brine Leas High School". Ofsted. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- "Community Involvement". School Prospectus. Brine Leas High School. Archived from the original on 20 July 2011. Retrieved 27 January 2010.
- Wareing, Susan (17 September 2008). "Brine Leas High School". Inspection Report. Ofsted. Retrieved 29 January 2010.
- Cole, David (3 December 2009). "Welcome from the Director and Headteacher". BL6 - Brine Leas Sixth Form. Brine Leas High School. Retrieved 29 January 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "Nantwich trampoline star Bryony Page wins silver at Rio Olympics". Nantwich News. 12 August 2016. Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- The Sentinel
|This Cheshire school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|