Bring the Light (Beady Eye song)
|"Bring the Light"|
|Single by Beady Eye|
|from the album Different Gear, Still Speeding|
|B-side||"Sons of the Stage"|
|Released||22 November 2010|
|Format||Digital download, 7" vinyl|
|Genre||Rock and roll, soul|
|Writer(s)||Liam Gallagher, Gem Archer, Andy Bell|
|Producer(s)||Beady Eye, Steve Lillywhite|
|Beady Eye singles chronology|
"Bring the Light" is a song and debut release by English rock band Beady Eye, released on Beady Eye Records as "EYE1". The song, written for the band's debut album Different Gear, Still Speeding was released on 10 November 2010, as a free download, and was also available as a limited release single on 7" vinyl. The B-side to the single is a cover of the World of Twist song "Sons of the Stage".
7" track listing
- "Bring the Light" (Liam Gallagher) – 3:37
- "Sons of the Stage" (Gordon King, Tony Ogden) – 4:46
- World of Twist cover
The music video was released online on 16 November 2010. It was directed by Charlie Lightening and shows the band, including live members Jeff Wootton and Matt Jones, playing on a heavily backlit stage, while dancers perform beside them.
The song has received positive reviews. NME have called the song "Oasis without Noel", commenting that it's reminder that Liam is a good songwriter in his own right, and Gigwise have simply called the song a different route from the trademark Oasis sound, also commenting that whether Noel Gallagher is missed as a songwriter will be seen on the album, while Stereoboard have commented that the song "sounds like album filler from the later Oasis days", rating it 5/10. However, on reviewing the album, both NME and The Sun have called the song a surprising highlight, and an example of a song that would have been impossible in Oasis.
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||32|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||61|
- "BEADY EYE 'BRING THE LIGHT' - FREE DOWNLOAD!". Beady Eye Official Website. 9 November 2010. Retrieved 9 November 2010.
- "'Bring The Light' - Video". Beady Eye Records. Retrieved 27 December 2010.
- "Beady Eye, 'Bring The Light' - What Do You Think? - In The NME Office - NME.COM - The world's fastest music news service, music videos, interviews, photos and free stuff to win". Nme.Com. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- Hot right now: (10 November 2010). "Liam Gallagher's Back: Beady Eye, 'Bring The Light' - Review". Gigwise. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- "Beady Eye - Bring The Light (Single Review) - Stereoboard UK". Stereoboard.com. 10 November 2010. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- "NME Album Reviews - Album Review: Beady Eye - Different Gear, Still Speeding (Beady Eye Records)". Nme.Com. 23 February 2011. Retrieved 2012-02-08.
- "Ultratop.be – Beady Eye – Bring The Light" (in Dutch). Ultratip.
- "Archive Chart: 2010-12-04" UK Singles Chart.