Brisbane Airport (suburb)
|Population||0 (2016 census)|
|• Density||0.000/km2 (0.00/sq mi)|
|Area||33.4 km2 (12.9 sq mi)|
|Time zone||AEST (UTC+10:00)|
|Location||14 km (9 mi) from Brisbane CBD|
|LGA(s)||City of Brisbane (Hamilton Ward)|
Brisbane Airport is located approximately 14 kilometres (9 mi) north-east from the Brisbane central business district. The majority of the land is occupied by the Brisbane Airport. Airport Drive and Moreton Drive link the airport with the Gateway Motorway.
The land occupied by the Brisbane airport was originally part of the suburbs of Eagle Farm and Pinkenba. In 2011, Rachel Nolan, the former Queensland minister for Finance, Natural Resources, and the Arts, published an official notice amending the boundaries of Eagle Farm, Pinkenba, and Hamilton, and established the new suburb of Brisbane Airport.
The Skygate Airport Village consists of an 80-hectare (200-acre) precinct that is designated for retail and commercial usage including: a GP Clinic available to the public, the warehouse retail factory outlet DFO and Novotel airport hotel.
The Airport Industrial Park is a proposed precinct which includes 100 hectares (250 acres) of land designated for light and general industry. Development had commenced in 2019. The Airport Industrial Park is located next to the Export Park precinct.
The Domestic Terminal railway station and International Terminal railway station provide access to commuter railway services. The Airport line services are operated by Airtrain Citylink, but are integrated with the Queensland Rail commuter rail network. Government-subsidised Translink fares are exempted for Airtrain services. There is also an inter-terminal bus connecting the two terminals, and the Skygate Shopping Precinct including DFO and Novotel hotel.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Brisbane Airport (SSC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "Hamilton Ward". Brisbane City Council. Brisbane City Council. Archived from the original on 12 March 2017. Retrieved 19 March 2017.
- "Brisbane Airport – suburb in City of Brisbane (entry 47581)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 26 December 2020.
- "AIATSIS code E66: Yugarabul". Federal government. Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies. 26 July 2019. Archived from the original on 13 August 2020. Retrieved 31 July 2020.
- Publication - Place Name Decision Notice (No. 08) 2011 and Place Name Decision Notice (No. 09) 2011 - Queensland Government Gazette. 5 August 2011. p. 799.
- "Sonic Health Plus (Medical Centre)". Skygate. Archived from the original on 5 March 2022. Retrieved 28 August 2021.
- "Brisbane Airport - Airport Village". Archived from the original on 3 August 2008. Retrieved 19 August 2008.
- "Win a sneak peek at Novotel airport hotel". City News. 19 November 2009. Archived from the original on 20 November 2009. Retrieved 19 November 2009.
- "Airport Industrial Park (Archived copy)". Brisbane Airport Corporation. Archived from the original on 3 August 2008. Retrieved 19 August 2008.
- "Development begins at Airport Industrial Park". Development begins at Airport Industrial Park. Archived from the original on 13 March 2022. Retrieved 28 August 2021.