Brisbane Bus Lines
|Service area||North Brisbane|
|Service type||Bus & coach operator|
|Fleet||85 (December 2014)|
Brisbane Bus Lines was formed in the mid-1950s when Bill Mitchell commenced operating the Tamborine bus route between Brisbane and the Gold Coast. At this time he also began a charter service under the name Charter Coaches. In 1965 the business was renamed Brisbane Bus Lines and began to operate school and urban passenger services. School routes in the Pine Rivers Shire were acquired and the charter activities sold.
Brisbane Bus Lines previously operated services from Westfield Strathpine to Roma Street in central Brisbane. Services were also operated from Ferny Grove station to Brookside Shopping Centre via Mitchelton and Ferny Hills.
A coach service was also operated between Brisbane and Murgon. It previously operated to Biloela and Bundaberg. In August 2014, the four times weekly second service was withdrawn and the remaining daily service curtailed to Caboolture station with passengers required to transfer to a Queensland Rail train service into Brisbane. This ceased on 29 November 2014.
|399||Ferny Grove station||Samford||4 services daily, Monday to Friday only|
|-||Dayboro||Strathpine||Petrie||2-4 services daily, Monday to Friday only|
As at December 2014, the fleet consisted of 85 buses and coaches.
- Our History Brisbane Bus Lines
- "Brisbane Bus Lines Today" Australian Bus Panorama issue 12/1 August 1996 page 12
- Country express timetable Brisbane Bus Lines
- South Burnett service alterations and new timetable Brisbane Bus Lines
- Brisbane to Murgon Brisbane Bus Lines
- Brisbane Bus Lines Ceases South Burnett Service Brisbane Bus Lines
- Brisbane Bus Lines Australian Bus Fleet Lists