Brisbane Correctional Centre
|Sir David Longland Correctional Centre|
|Managed by:||Queensland Corrective Services|
Brisbane Correctional Centre, formerly the Sir David Longland Correctional Centre, is a prison facility located at Wacol (near Brisbane), Queensland, Australia, which was renovated and re-opened in June 2008. The complex houses a water conservation system, a unit specifically designed for 17-year-old prisoners, and an ultra-modern maximum security wing for dangerous offenders.
- Brenden Abbott – the "Postcard Bandit".
- Geoffrey Robert Dobbs – labelled Australia's worst paedophile, pleaded guilty to 124 sex offences and one count of attempting to pervert the course of justice on counts against 63 girls under his care as a teacher and youth leader from 1972 to 2000.
- Jason Nixon – prison serial killer.
- Brisbane Correctional Centre Archived April 2, 2015, at the Wayback Machine. at official (Queensland Government) website
- Custodial operations (PDF). Queensland Corrective Services. 2007. pp. Page 5.
- Nyst, Chris (defence lawyer). "The Usual Suspect". Australian Story (program transcript); 27 October 2003. Retrieved 26 Jan 2017.
- "Child sex offender receives indefinite sentences". PM (ABC Radio Program). Aired 24 July , 2003 18:34:00; Reporter: Louise Willis. Retrieved 26 Jan 2017.
- "Violent offender Jason "Waxy" Nixon finds new way to escape jail - appearing in court to answer for more crimes". The Courier Mail. 14 April 2013. Retrieved 26 Jan 2017.
|This article about an Australian prison is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Queensland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|