Brisbane Roar FC (W-League)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Full name||Brisbane Roar Football Club|
|Ground||Perry Park, Bowen Hills
Suncorp Stadium, Milton
Brisbane Roar (then Queensland Roar) were a founding member of the Westfield W-League in 2008. They were initially coached by Welshman Jeff Hopkins, who had played his football career predominantly in England, as well as representing Wales at international level. The playing roster featured a mix of youth and veterans, including founding captain and Matilda's stalwart, Kate McShea, and up-and-coming goalkeeper Casey Dumont.
Although Ballymore Stadium has been used predominantly as the Roar's home ground, other stadiums have also been used including Perry Park, Queensland Sport and Athletics Centre, Suncorp Stadium, Stockland Park and Cleveland Showgrounds.
squad for the 2015–16 season. (current at 1 November 2015)
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Last updated 29 January 2016
|Jeff Hopkins||2008||Sep 2012||48||32||10||6|
|Belinda Wilson||Sep 2012||Sep 2016||52||25||8||19|
|Melissa Andreatta ||Sep 2016||0||0||0||0|
- Premiers (2): 2008–09 (as Queensland Roar), 2012–13
- Champions (2): 2008–09 (as Queensland Roar), 2010–11
Correct as of 11 November 2011
- 4–2 vs Sydney FC, 6 November 2010
Highest Scoring Game:
- 5–3 Win vs Perth Glory, December 7, 2008
Longest Undefeated Streak:
- 18 Matches, October 25, 2008 – 22 November 2009
- Tobin, Michelle (6 September 2012). "Wilson announced as new W-League coach". Football Federation Australia.
- "Melissa Andreatta named as Brisbane Roar head coach". The Women's Game. 20 September 2016.
- Brisbane Roar official website
- W-League official website
- Football Federation Australia official website