Brisbane Valley Highway
|Brisbane Valley Highway
|Brisbane Valley Highway (green and black)|
|Length||85 km (53 mi)|
|South end|| Warrego Highway,
|North end||D'Aguilar Highway, 9 kilometres (6 mi) south-east of Moore, Queensland|
|Major settlements||Fernvale, Esk, Toogoolawah, Harlin|
|Highways in Australia
National Highway • Freeways in Australia
Highways in Queensland
The Brisbane Valley Highway is a state highway in Queensland. It links the Warrego Highway near Ipswich and the D'Aguilar Highway about 4 kilometres (2 mi) north of Harlin. Its direction follows the approximate course of the Brisbane River. It is part of National Route 17, duplexing with the D'Aguilar Highway to Nanango and then becomes the Burnett Highway. State Route 85 is duplexed with the Brisbane Valley Highway from Esk to the D'Aguilar Highway.
The highway crosses the Wivenhoe Dam about 9 kilometres (6 mi) north-west of Fernvale.
List of towns along the Brisbane Valley Highway
|Ipswich||Blacksoil||0||0||Warrego Highway (National Route A2) east - Brisbane / west - Toowoomba||Southern end of Brisbane Valley Highway|
|Somerset||Fernvale||16.2||10.1||Forest Hill-Fernvale Road - Lowood|
|Brisbane River||18.3||11.4||Geoff Fisher Bridge. This bridge spans the boundary between the localities of Fernvale and Wivenhoe Pocket|
|Somerset||Wivenhoe Pocket||20.1||12.5||Wivenhoe-Somerset Road - Mount Glorious, Somerset Dam (via Splityard Creek Dam)||To Brisbane Forest Park via Northbrook Parkway|
|Wivenhoe Dam wall. The dam wall is in the locality of Lake Wivenhoe.|
|Somerset||Coominya||32.6||20.3||Coominya Connection Road - Coominya, Atkinson Dam|
|Esk||53.8||33.4||Gatton-Esk Road - Gatton, Toowoomba|
|54.2||33.7||Esk-Hampton Road (State Route 85) - Crows Nest, Toowoomba||State Route 85 southern concurrency terminus: continues west as Esk-Hampton Road|
|58.1||36.1||Esk-Kilcoy Road - Kilcoy (via Somerset Dam)|
|Harlin||89.5||55.6||D'Aguilar Highway (National Route 17) west / (State Route 85) east – Moore, Yarraman, Kilcoy, Sunshine Coast||State Route 85 northern concurrency terminus: continues east as D'Aguilar Highway
West to Moore and Yarraman; east to Kilcoy and Sunshine Coast
- Bridges over the Brisbane River
- Highways in Australia
- List of highways in Queensland
- List of highways numbered 85
- "Brisbane Valley Highway, Metropolitan Queensland". Queensland Online. Roam Media (for RACQ and Department of Transport and Main Roads). Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- "Warrego Highway and Brisbane Valley Highway". Department of Transport and Main Roads - Projects. Queensland Government. 7 October 2013. Retrieved 31 October 2013.
- Google (4 November 2013). "Locality of Lake Wivenhoe, Queensland" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- "Lake Wivenhoe (entry 44880)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
Media related to Brisbane Valley Highway at Wikimedia Commons
|This Australian road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|