Bristol Energy is a municipally owned energy company founded in 2015 by Bristol City Council. The company serves customers across the United Kingdom. By 2019, 79% of its energy supply was generated from renewable sources.
In December 2018, CEO Peter Haigh stood down and was replaced by interim CEO Marek Majewicz. In January 2019, Bristol Energy announced it had received a €1.9m grant from the European Investment Bank and the European Commission to fund renewable energy, in partnership with Plymouth City Council.
- Robin Hood Energy – a similar company owned by Nottingham City Council
- "Our Social Impact 2018–2019". Retrieved 6 August 2019.
- Wilson, Kate (20 December 2018). "Managing director of loss-making Bristol Energy leaves". Bristol Post. Retrieved 7 August 2019.
- Bristol to launch ‘new wave’ of South West clean energy projects with European funding (14 January 2019) Solar Power Portal.
- "Council invests £27m in energy company". BBC News: Bristol. 3 August 2018. Retrieved 3 February 2019.
- "Council-owned energy firm's value drops". BBC News: Bristol. 7 September 2018. Retrieved 3 February 2019.