Orly Airport (Paris)
Charles de Gaulle Auirport (Paris)
|Frequent-flyer program||Flying Blue|
|Airport lounge||Departure Lounge|
|Parent company||Air France-KLM|
- For the United Kingdom-based airline, see British Airways
- For the former US-based Regional Airline see: Britt Airways
Brit Air (short for Brittany Air International) is a regional airline based at Morlaix Airport in Ploujean, Morlaix, Brittany, France, operating scheduled services as an Air France franchise from Lyon-Saint Exupéry Airport, Paris-Orly Airport and Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport.
The airline was established in 1973 and started operations in 1975. It was founded to provide services for business executives from western France, and introduced regular flights to London Gatwick in 1979. On 1 December 1995, Brit Air signed a franchising agreement with Air France Europe. It became a wholly owned subsidiary of Air France in October 2000. It employs 1,260 staff.
In March 2013, the Brit Air fleet consisted of the following aircraft with an average age of 5.5 years:
|Fairchild Hiller FH-227|
|Fokker F27 Friendship|
|Fokker F28 Fellowship|
Incidents and accidents
On 22 June 2003, Air France Flight 5672 (fr:Vol 5672 Air France) from Nantes to Brest, which was operated by a Brit Air CRJ100, crashed 2.3 miles short of the runway when attempting to land at Brest Bretagne Airport at 23:55 local time, resulting in the death of the captain. The aircraft involved (registered F-GRJS) subsequently caught fire (after all 21 passengers on board had been evacuated) and was damaged beyond repair. The most probable cause of the accident was declared to be pilot error, as the instrument approach had not been executed correctly.
- Information about Brit Air at the Aero Transport Sata Bank
- "Mentions Légales." Brit Air. Retrieved on 9 September 2010. "Adresse: Brit Air aéroport CS 27925 29679 MORLAIX cedex Tél : 02 98 63 63 63"
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-03-27. pp. 88–89.
- "Air France Launches New Low-Cost Airline 'Hop!'." Reuters. 26 March 2013. Retrieved on 26 April 2013.
- Brit Air fleet list at planespotters.net. Retrieved 2012-11-30.
- Brit Air fleet list at airfleets.net
- Air France Flight 5672 at the Aircraft Safety Network
- Official BEA report on Air France Flight 5672
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brit Air.|
- Official website (French) (Archive)
- Brit Air Souffle & Passion (French) (Archive)
- Bureau d'Enquêtes et d'Analyses pour la Sécurité de l'Aviation Civile on Air France Flight 5672