Brit + Co
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Internet commerce and media|
Number of employees
Brit + Co is a lifestyle media company founded by Brit Morin and based in San Francisco, aimed primarily at millennial women. As of May 2017[update] the company says it has more than 130 million users.
Brit + Co was founded in late 2011 by Brit Morin, who serves as CEO. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with an office in New York City, and as of May 2017[update] has more than 100 full-time employees in addition to a network of contributors.
The Brit + Co Holiday House is an annual pop-up event held in San Francisco, offering creative activity classes, artisan products, and DIY and gifting stations. The 2016 Holiday House was sponsored primarily by method.
Brit + Co is venture capitalist-backed, having raised $45 million in capital to date. The company raised $1.25 million in initial seed funding in April 2012, $6.3 million in Series A funding led by Oak Investment Partners in 2013, $20 million in Series B funding led by Intel Capital in 2015, and $15 million in Series C Funding led by Verizon Ventures in 2017. Additionally in 2017, Jeff Jones, former Target CMO and Uber President, joined the company as an advisor.
- "About". Brit + Co. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- "Team". Brit + Co. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- Marikar, Sheila (2013-12-04). "A Millennial D.I.Y.-er With the Digitized Touch". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- "Contact". Brit + Co. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- Keeshin, Matthew (2016-09-30). "Brit + Co Unleashes Creativity at Re:Make 2016". Dwell. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- Bloom, Jonathan (2016-10-01). "Re:Make Summit lets creative people to try hand at different art". ABC7 San Francisco. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- Bloom, Jonathan (2016-12-10). "Make gifts at San Francisco's 'Holiday House'". ABC7 San Francisco. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- "Brit + Co". Crunchbase. Retrieved 2017-11-14.
- Taylor, Colleen. "Brit + Co. Nabs $6.3M Series A Led By Oak Investment Partners To Go Big On Its Tech Media Hub For Makers". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- Lunden, Ingrid. "Brit+Co Confirms $20M Raise Led By Intel, Acquires How-To App Snapguide". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- Roof, Katie. "Brit + Co raises $15 million to grow its media and merchandise businesses". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- Rao, Leena. "Verizon Ventures Invested In This Home and Recipe Website". Fortune. Retrieved 2017-05-31.
- Spangler, Todd (2017-05-18). "Verizon Ventures Leads $15 Million Investment in Digital Media Firm Brit + Co". Variety. Retrieved 2017-05-31.