Britain, Australia and the Bomb
Britain, Australia and the Bomb: the Nuclear Tests and Their Aftermath is a 2006 book by Lorna Arnold and Mark Smith. It is the second edition of an official history first published in 1987 by HMSO under another title: A Very Special Relationship: British Atomic Weapons Trials in Australia. The book uses declassified material that has become available in the two decades prior to the book's publication. It covers the clean-up operations in the Maralinga Range and epidemiological studies on the health of the atomic test participants.
Lorna Arnold is a Fellow of both the Institute of Physics and Institute of Contemporary British History. Mark Smith is a Research Fellow at the Mountbatten Centre for International Studies, University of Southampton.
- Nuclear tests in Australia
- Maralinga: Australia's Nuclear Waste Cover-up
- McClelland Royal Commission
- Britain, Australia and the Bomb: the Nuclear Tests and Their Aftermath by Lorna Arnold and Mark Smith. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2006, pp.322, ISBN 978-1-4039-2102-4
- Britain, Australia and the Bomb: the Nuclear Tests and Their Aftermath
- Britain, Australia and the Bomb