|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Jeromy Farkas|
|• Total||0.6 km2 (0.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,075 m (3,527 ft)|
|• Average Income||$120,387|
|Website||Britannia Community Association|
Britannia is an affluent residential neighbourhood in the south-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. It is bounded by Elbow Drive to the east, 50 Avenue S to the south, Elbow River and Riverdale Park to the west and Britannia Drive to the north.
The area was annexed to the City of Calgary in 1910, and Britannia was established in 1956. Most of the development took place in the late 1950s. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 11 councillors.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $120,387 in 2000, and there were 7.9% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 16.7% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 19.3% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 19.3% of the housing was used for renting.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Britannia Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-10.[permanent dead link]
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 11 Profile" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-10.[permanent dead link]
|This Calgary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|