British Airways World Cargo
British Airways World Cargo formerly British Airways Cargo was a division of IAG Cargo, operating air cargo services under the British Airways brand. It was the twelfth-largest cargo airline in the world by total freight tonne-kilometres flown. Freight services were provided using the main British Airways fleet, as well as dedicated freighter aircraft operating under a wet lease agreement with Global Supply Systems.
British Airways first opened a World Cargo centre at Heathrow in the late 1990s; it was an automated freight handling centre capable of handling unusual and premium cargo, and fresh produce, of which it handled over 80,000 tons per year. BA World Cargo also handled freight at London's Gatwick and Stansted airports, and, through its partner British Airways Regional Cargo, at all of the main regional airports throughout the UK.
The company ended operations on 30 April 2014, having been fully merged into IAG Cargo, however without continuing dedicated cargo flights. BA World Cargo also operated an automated cargo centre at London Heathrow Airport, and had a base for long-haul freighter services at London Stansted Airport.
BA World Cargo operated dedicated freighter aircraft services to Africa, the Middle East, the Indian Subcontinent, East Asia, North America and Europe from their London-Stansted base.
BA World Cargo fleet as at April 2014 consisted of:
BA World Cargo also utilised space on dedicated freighters operated by other carriers.
- Previously operated
- "BA World Cargo Adds to Surcharge". Traffic World. 25 August 2005.
- Andren, Emily (1 June 1995). "British Airways unveils cargo center plan". Air Cargo World. Retrieved 28 June 2010.
- "British Airways World Cargo". Freight International. Retrieved 27 September 2007.
- "British Airways Regional Cargo.(People Watch)(general manager appointed)". Traffic World. 23 February 2004.
- "British Airways to Pursue New Opportunities". Finance.yahoo.com. 2014-01-17. Retrieved 2014-06-16.
- "Atlas Air invests in new UK airline". Atlas Air Inc. (Press release). 12 April 2001. Archived from the original on 26. Check date values in:
- "BA keeps Stansted freighter base". Cargo News Asia. 19 March 2009.
- Barnard, Bruce (30 July 2010). "BA Adding Three 747–8 Freighters to Fleet". The Journal of Commerce.
- "Photos: Boeing 707-336C Aircraft Pictures". Airliners.net. 1981-03-28. Retrieved 2014-06-16.
- "Photos: Boeing 747-236F/SCD Aircraft Pictures". Airliners.net. Retrieved 2014-06-16.
- "Photos: Boeing 747-47UF/SCD Aircraft Pictures". Airliners.net. 2001-02-18. Retrieved 2014-06-16.
- "Photos: Vickers 953C Merchantman Aircraft Pictures". Airliners.net. 1979-01-17. Retrieved 2014-06-16.