British Asia Airways
|Ceased operations||December 2001|
This was due to political sensitivities, as national airlines operating flights to the People's Republic of China were not permitted to fly to Taiwan. Similar arrangements were made by other airlines, such as Japan Airlines and Qantas.
It ceased operations after BA suspended flights to Taipei in December 2001.
- Calder, Simon (23 April 1993). "Special Report on Long-Haul Air Travel: 'Air Asia' goes from strength to strength: Simon Calder looks at the growing success of the Eastern travel industry". The Independent. London.
- "Why Taiwan is still an unique escape". The Independent. London. 16 June 2007.
- Taiwan, Robert Storey, Lonely Planet, 1998, page 166
- "Explore our past: 1990 - 1999". British Airways.
- "Something to declare: A likely story". The Independent. London. 14 September 1996.
- "Explore our past: 2000- Present". British Airways.