British Association of Friends of Museums
The British Association of Friends of Museums (BAFM) is an independent organisation, for Friends, supporters, and volunteers in museums, galleries, and heritage sites in the United Kingdom. It was established in 1973.
BAFM represents around 200,000 Friends and volunteers in the UK. It provides a network of support from people with practical experience of running Friends organisations and is a central source of information. It has links with UK Area Museum Councils and other national UK organisations such as:
- Association of Independent Museums
- Charity Commission
- Department for Culture, Media and Sport (UK government)
- Museums Association
- Museums, Libraries and Archives Council
- National Centre for Volunteering
- National Council for Voluntary Organisations
BAFM is a member of the World Federation of Friends of Museums. It organizes national and regional events, provides a Handbook for Friends, a Handbook for Heritage Volunteer Managers & Administrators, and many information sheets. The BAFM Journal is produced three times a year.
- What is BAFM?, British Association of Friends of Museums.
- British Association of Friends of Museums: Understanding the Future, DCMS, UK.
- BAFM Journal, British Association of Friends of Museums.
|This article related to a museum in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an organisation in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|