British Lions (band)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Genres||Glam rock, hard rock|
|Labels||Vertigo/RSO, Angel Air|
|Associated acts||Mott the Hoople, Medicine Head|
Dale "Buffin" Griffin |
British Lions were a short-lived British rock band, together from 1977 to 1980, with former members of Mott and Medicine Head. They released just two studio albums with little commercial success in the UK.
- Morgan Fisher — piano, Hammond organ, Korg synthesizer, davolisint
- John Fiddler — guitar, vocals
- Dale "Buffin" Griffin — drums (died 2016)
- Ray Major — guitar, vocals
- Pete Watts — bass, vocals (died 2017)
|Year||Title||Peak chart positions|
|1980||Trouble with Women
- "One More Chance to Run" (1977)
- "Wild in the Streets" (1978)
- "International Heroes"/"Eat the Rich" (1978)
Compilations and live albums
- Richie Unterberger. "British Lions | Biography & History". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-01-18.
- everyHit.com search results Archived 12 October 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- allmusic ((( Mott the Hoople > Charts & Awards > Billboard Albums )))
- Strong, Martin C. (2000). The Great Rock Discography (5th ed.). Edinburgh: Mojo Books. pp. 671–2. ISBN 1-84195-017-3.
- "British Lions CD: "Live and Rare"". Hunter-mott.com. Retrieved 2016-01-18.
- Dave Thompson (2010-09-06). "Live at the Old Waldorf: San Francisco 1978 - British Lions | Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-01-18.