British NVC community H2
NVC community H2 (Calluna vulgaris - Ulex minor heath) is one of the heath communities in the British National Vegetation Classification system. It is one of five communities categorised as lowland dry heaths.
It has a localised distribution in southern England. There are three subcommunities.
The following constant species are found in this community:
- Heather (Calluna vulgaris)
- Wavy Hair-grass (Deschampsia flexuosa)
- Bell Heather (Erica cinerea)
- Dwarf Gorse (Ulex minor)
There are three subcommunities:
- the so-called typical subcommunity
- the Vaccinium myrtillus subcommunity
- the Molinia caerulea subcommunity
- Rodwell, J. S. (1991) British Plant Communities Volume 2 - Mires and heaths ISBN 0-521-39165-2 (hardback), ISBN 0-521-62720-6 (paperback)