British NVC community W2
NVC community W2 (Salix cinerea - Betula pubescens - Phragmites australis woodland) is one of the woodland communities in the British National Vegetation Classification system. It is one of seven woodland communities in the NVC classed as "wet woodlands".
This is a fairly locally distributed community. There are two subcommunities.
Six rare species are also associated with the community:
- Elongated Sedge (Carex elongata)
- Crested Buckler-fern (Dryopteris cristata)
- the fern Dryopteris × uliginosa, the hybrid of Crested Buckler-fern and Narrow Buckler-fern (D. carthusiana)
- Milk-parsley (Peucedanum palustre)
- Round-leaved Wintergreen (Pyrola rotundifolia)
- Marsh Fern (Thelypteris palustris)
There are two subcommunities:
- Rodwell, J. S. (1991) British Plant Communities Volume 1 - Woodlands and scrub ISBN 0-521-23558-8 (hardback), ISBN 0-521-62721-4 (paperback)