British Parachute Association
British Parachute Association (BPA) is the National Governing Body for Sport Parachuting in the United Kingdom.
The BPA aim to encourage participation in skydiving within the UK. Today there are currently 26 affiliated dropzones throughout the country and a membership of more than 30,000.
The association is funded by membership subscriptions and has an annually elected council of 15 full members which controls all aspects of skydiving on behalf of the Civil Aviation Authority. Unlike many other sports which suffer from fragmented and divided governing bodies, the British Parachute Association represents most UK skydivers and most skydivers within the UK are members of the Association.
The BPA is constituted as a company limited by guarantee.
Following the 50th anniversary of the BPA, an Archive Project was established to record and collect the history of the sport in the UK and the Association.
The BPA council consists of 15 elected members and the current chairman is Martin Soulsby.
- Black Knights Parachute Centre - Cockerham, Lancashire
- British Parachute Schools - RAF Langar, Nottinghamshire
- Cornish Parachute Centre - Peranporth, Cornwall
- Hinton Skydiving Centre - Hinton-in-the-Hedges, Northamptonshire
- Joint Services Parachute Centre (Army Parachute Association) - Netheravon, Wiltshire
- London Parachute School - Lewknor, Oxfordshire
- North London Skydiving Centre - Chatteris, Cambridgeshire
- North West Parachute Centre - Cark, Cumbria
- Paragon Skydiving Club - Errol, Perth and Kinross
- Skydive Headcorn - Headcorn Aerodrome, Headcorn, Ashford, Kent
- Services Parachute Centre, Ballykelly, County Londonderry
- Silver Stars Parachute Team (The Royal Logistic Corps) - South Cerney, Gloucestershire
- Skydive Academy (formerly: Peterlee Parachute Centre) - Peterlee, Co. Durham
- UK Parachuting at Sibson Airfield (Peterborough Parachute Centre) - Wansford, Cambridgeshire
- Skydive GB, Bridlington - Grindale, East Riding of Yorkshire
- Skydive Jersey - St. Peter, Jersey
- Skydive London - Wanborough, Wiltshire
- Skydive St Andrews - Glenrothes, Fife
- [Skydive St George] - Darlington, Durham.
- Skydive Strathallan - Strathallan, Perth and Kinross
- Skydive Swansea - Fairwood, Swansea
- Skydive UK - Dunkeswell, Devon
- Skydive Weston (Royal Air Force Sport Parachute Association) - Weston-on-the-Green, Oxfordshire
- Target Skysports - Hibaldstow, North Lincolnshire
- The Parachute Centre - Tilstock, Shropshire
- UK Parachuting - Beccles, Suffolk
- Wild Geese Parachute Centre - Movenis & Killykergan, County Londonderry
- The British Parachute Association Archived 28 September 2006 at the Wayback Machine.
- The British Parachute Association Archived 11 October 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Where can I jump?". British Parachute Association. Retrieved 1 October 2016.