|Location||SportPark, Loughborough University, Loughborough|
|CEO||Jack Buckner (from October 2017)|
|Coach||Performance Directors: Chris Spice - Swimming, Para-Swimming - Chris Furber, Alexei Evangulov - Diving, Synchro - Karen Thorpe|
|Replaced||Amateur Swimming Federation of Great Britain (ASFGB)|
British Swimming is the national governing body of swimming, water polo, synchronised swimming, diving and open water in Great Britain. British Swimming is a federation of the national governing bodies of England (Swim England), Scotland (Scottish Swimming), and Wales (Swim Wales). These three are collectively known as the Home Country National Governing Bodies.
For international swimming purposes, competitive swimming in Northern Ireland falls under the Irish swimming federation, Swim Ireland, and as such British Swimming represents Great Britain, rather than the United Kingdom. For the Olympic Games, Northern Irish swimmers may opt to compete for British Swimming.
British Swimming is a member of FINA, LEN, the British Olympic Association and the British Paralympic Association, and has responsibility for elite performance, doping control and international relationships and events for the sports within the Great Britain. The Home Country National Governing Bodies are affiliated to British Swimming and are responsible for all other management of the sports in their respective countries from the learn to swim programmes up to performance development.
British Swimming organises championships every year in each of the sporting disciplines.
- Long course
- Short course
The British Swimming Short Course Championships were usually held in August or September each year, though the event has not been held since 2004
|2003||14–17 August||Grand Central Pools, Stockport|
|2004||26–29 August||Aquatics Centre, Manchester|
Domestic water polo competition in the UK is centred on the National Water Polo League (NWPL) and National Women's Water Polo League (NWWPL), which operate through the autumn and winter. The British Championships organised by British Swimming are held in the Spring. Winners of the championships in recent years are listed below.
- British Championships
|Year||Men's champions||Women's champions|
|2006||Lancaster||City of Sheffield|
An annual championships for Masters swimmers is organised in rotation by the Home Countries, usually in June, for senior (18–24 yrs) and masters (25 yrs+). The championships are held in a long course (50 m) pool. The championships are held in a long course (50 m) pool.
Open water swimming
Alongside the Open Water Grand Prix series, British Swimming also arranges national championship events over 5 km and 10 km.
The British Diving Championships are held annually in the winter. Sometimes the annual championships are held in the December of the preceding calendar year.
|2004||13–14 December 2003||Ponds Forge, Sheffield|
|2005||11–13 February||Ponds Forge, Sheffield|
|2006||16–18 December 2005||Aquatics Centre, Manchester|
|2007||15–17 December 2006||Aquatics Centre, Manchester|
|2008||4–6 January||Aquatics Centre, Manchester|
|2009||5–7 February||Ponds Forge, Sheffield|
|2010||25–27 June||Ponds Forge, Sheffield|
|2011||10–12 June||John Charles Aquatics Centre, Leeds|
|2012||8–10 June||Ponds Forge, Sheffield|
|2013||8–10 February||Life Centre, Plymouth|
|2014||6–8 June||Ponds Forge, Sheffield|
|2015||20-22 February||Life Centre, Plymouth|
The British Synchronised Swimming Championships are usually held in November or December each year.
|2004||6–7 November||Gala Baths, Walsall|
|2005||5–6 November||Braunstone LC, Leicester|
|2006||2–3 December||Gloucester LC, Gloucester|
|2007||1–2 December||Gloucester LC, Gloucester|
|2008||6–7 December||Gloucester LC, Gloucester|
|2009||5–6 December||Gloucester LC, Gloucester|
|2010||3–5 December||Gloucester LC, Gloucester|
|2011||2–4 December||Gloucester LC, Gloucester|
In 2009, British Swimming announced a £15 million, 6 year sponsorship deal with British Gas. It also announced sponsorship with Kellogg's and Speedo in 2009. In 2016, British Swimming announced a new sponsorship deal with TYR Sport, Inc..
Keil, Ian/Wix, Don, In the Swim. The Amateur Swimming Association from 1869 to 1994, London 1996
- British records in swimming
- List of Olympic size swimming pools in the United Kingdom
- Swimming clubs in Kent
- "British Swimming name Maurice Watkins as their new Chairman". BBC. 4 August 2014. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- About British Swimming page of the British Swimming website (www.swimming.org/britishswimming); retrieved 2010-07-13.
- ASA LEVEL 1 CERTIFICATE FOR TEACHING WATER POLO
- "The difference between British Swimming and the Amateur Swimming Association" (PDF). British Swimming. 30 November 2005. Retrieved 31 July 2008.
- "Historical Timeline" (PDF). Swim England.
- "NWPL Results Archive". Retrieved 27 October 2008.[dead link]
- "Lancaster City Swimming and Water Polo Club". Archived from the original on 10 May 2008. Retrieved 29 October 2008.
- "GB Water Polo Championships 2006" (PDF). Retrieved 29 October 2008.
- "British Water Polo Championships 2008" (PDF). Retrieved 29 October 2008.
- "City of Manchester and Lancaster take British water polo titles". 22 February 2009. Retrieved 22 February 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "British Gas Swimming Championships 2010". British Swimming via SportSystems. British Swimming/SportSystems. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "British Gas Masters Championships 2011". British Swimming via SportSystems. British Swimming/SportSystems. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "British Gas Masters and Senior Age Group Champs Moves To Sheffield". British Swimming. British Swimming. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "British Gas Masters and Senior Age Group Championships 2013". The ASA. The ASA. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "British Gas Masters and Senior Age Group Championships 2014". British Swimming. British Swimming. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "British Masters and Senior Age Group Championships 2015". The ASA. British Swimming. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- "British Gas Diving Championships 2015". The ASA. British Swimming. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- Parsons, Russell (13 March 2009). "British Gas signs 15m swimming sponsorship". Marketing Week. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Campaign:Pools 4 Schools" (PDF). ESA website. ESA. Retrieved 24 April 2014.[permanent dead link]
- http://www.sportcentric.com/vsite/vcontent/content/news/0,10869,5157-183729-200947-40069-294738-news-item,00.html[dead link]
- Salter, Jessica (1 July 2009). "British Swimming boosted by £3m Kellogg's deal". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- Long, Michael (11 March 2009). "Speedo makes a splash with British Swimming". SportsPro. Retrieved 24 April 2014.