British Triathlon Federation
|Headquarters||Michael Pearson East, Loughborough University, Leicestershire|
|Sponsor||Accenture, Descente, ROKA, Volvo|
The British Triathlon Federation (formerly the British Triathlon Association) is the national governing body for triathlon, duathlon and associated multisport in Great Britain. It administers triathlon in England, Scotland, Wales, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. It represents Britain at the world body, the International Triathlon Union (ITU) and the regional body the European Triathlon Union (ETU). The BTF also selects athletes to represent the national team, at races such as the world triathlon series and the Olympic games.
It is a federation of the three Home Nation membership associations (Triathlon England, Triathlon Scotland and Welsh Triathlon). Triathlon in Northern Ireland is organised under Ulster Triathlon, part of the all-Ireland governing body Triathlon Ireland. However North Irish athletes may compete for Great Britain as long as they have a valid British passport and are a member of one of the three home nations associations. Clubs in both the Channel Islands and on the Isle of Man are registered through triathlon England.
Membership of governing bodies
The British Triathlon Federation is one of the 32 national sports governing bodies represented in the British Olympic Association and is a member of, and British triathlon’s representative organisation with, the European Triathlon Union and the International Triathlon Union.
British Triathlon's has two key funding streams, corporate sponsorship and the UK Sport Lottery Funding. A large selection supporting partners give corporate sponsorship to BTF with the headline sponsor Accenture not only sponsoring BTF but also sponsoring the two world series races that take place in Leeds and Nottingham.
Its stated purpose is to promote excellence in the sport through events, clubs, news, performance and development of triathlon, and is responsible for such matters as Great Britain’s international representation in the sport, Great Britain's Elite and Age Group teams, British and international events, all matters relating to doping and various other administrative functions and services that the three Home Nations share.
- "British Triathlon". British Triathlon Federation. Archived from the original on 16 July 2009. Retrieved 17 September 2009.
- "Triathlon - Sport NI". www.sportni.net. Retrieved 23 August 2018.
- "GB Team Policy". www.britishtriathlon.org. Retrieved 23 August 2018.
- "Search". www.britishtriathlon.org. Retrieved 16 April 2019.
- "National Olympic Committee" (.doc). British Olympic Association. Retrieved 17 September 2009.
- "Confederations > Europe > British Triathlon Federation". International Triathlon Union. Retrieved 17 September 2009.
- "European Triathlon Union". International Triathlon Union. Retrieved 17 September 2009.
- "Sponsors". www.britishtriathlon.org. Retrieved 23 August 2018.