British Triathlon Federation
|Headquarters||Michael Pearson East, Loughborough University, Leicestershire|
|Chief Exec||Andy Salmon|
The British Triathlon Federation (BTF), formerly known as the British Triathlon Association (BTA), is the national governing body for the sports of triathlon, duathlon and multisport in Great Britain.
It is a federation of the three Home Nation membership associations (Triathlon England, Triathlon Scotland and Welsh Triathlon). Triathlon in Northern Ireland is organised under Ulster Triathlon, part of the all-Ireland governing body Triathlon Ireland. However North Irish athletes may compete for Great Britain as long as they have a valid British passport and are a member of one of the three home nations associations.
Membership of governing bodies
The British Triathlon Federation is one of the 32 national sports governing bodies represented in the British Olympic Association and is a member of, and British triathlon’s representative organisation with, the European Triathlon Union and the International Triathlon Union.
British Triathlon's key funding streams are UK Sport Lottery Funding and income from a range of supporting partners. There is currently no headline sponsor. Apart from the 3, they do have.
Its stated purpose is to promote excellence in the sport through events, clubs, news, performance and development of triathlon, and is responsible for such matters as Great Britain’s international representation in the sport, Great Britain's Elite and Age Group teams, British and international events, all matters relating to doping and various other administrative functions and services that the three Home Nations share.
- "British Triathlon". British Triathlon Federation. Archived from the original on 16 July 2009. Retrieved 17 September 2009.
- "Triathlon - Sport NI". www.sportni.net. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "GB Team Policy". www.britishtriathlon.org. Retrieved 2018-08-23.
- "National Olympic Committee" (.doc). British Olympic Association. Retrieved 17 September 2009.
- "Confederations > Europe > British Triathlon Federation". International Triathlon Union. Retrieved 17 September 2009.
- "European Triathlon Union". International Triathlon Union. Retrieved 17 September 2009.
- "Sponsors". www.britishtriathlon.org. Retrieved 2018-08-23.