British University in Dubai
This article does not cite any sources. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Chancellor||Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Abdullah Mohammed Alshamsi|
The British University in Dubai (BUiD) was established in 2003 as a research-based university. BUiD is licensed by the UAE Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs and all its programmes are accredited by the Commission for Academic Accreditation.
BUiD is located in Dubai International Academic City, Dubai.
BUiD's founders and contributors
BUiD was established as a not-for-profit institution. The University was established by Law #5/2003 by His Highness Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai Its founders are Al Maktoum Foundation, Dubai Development and Investment Authority (now Dubai Holding), the National Bank of Dubai (now Emirates NBD), the British Business Group, and Rolls-Royce.
BUiD works in collaboration with leading organisations and institutions including its major contributing partner Atkins, Knowledge Fund Establishment, and the UAE Ministry of Education, and government and associated bodies across the UAE’s public and private sectors.
- BSc in Accounting & Finance
- BSc in Business Management
- BSc in Architecture
- BSc in Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- BSc in Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)
- BSc in Computer Science (Software Engineering)
- Portfolio of Masters Programmes in Project Management (Project Management/Construction Project Management /Enterprise Project Risk Management/IT Project Management/Infrastructure Project Management)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) (General / Finance/ Human Resource Management/ Marketing/Sustainability)
- MSc in Finance (Banking /Capital Markets /Financial Risk Management /Islamic Finance/ General)
- MSc in Construction Law and Dispute Resolution
- Master of Education
Master of Education in Management Leadership and Policy Master of Education in Special and Inclusive Education Master of Education in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Master of Education in Information and Communication Technology Master of Education in Science Education Master of Education in Psychology (PSYCH) Master of Education in Learning and Teaching
- MSc in Building Services Engineering
- MSc in Engineering Management (Energy Management/ Maintenance and Reliability/ Total Quality Management)
- MSc in Structural Engineering
- MSc in Informatics (Knowledge and Data Management)
- MSc in Information Technology Management (Business Intelligence/ e-Business Intelligence)
- MSc in Sustainable Design of the Built Environment (Architectural Design / Interior Design / Smart Buildings / Urban Design)
- Doctor of Education and PhD in Education
- PhD in Business Management
- PhD in Project Management
- PhD in Architecture and Sustainable Built Environment
- PhD in Computer Science