British University in Dubai
This article does not cite any sources. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Chancellor||Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Abdullah Mohammed Alshamsi|
The British University in Dubai (BUiD) was established in 2004, and is the Middle East region's first, research based, postgraduate university. The university has partnerships with the University of Edinburgh, the University of Manchester, University of Glasgow, and Cardiff University.
All BUiD Masters programmes have accreditation eligibility from UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research.
BUiD is located in Dubai International Academic City, Dubai.
BUiD's founders and contributors
BUiD was established as a 'not for profit' University. The founders of the university are Al Maktoum Foundation, Dubai Development and Investment Authority, the National Bank of Dubai, the British Business Group, and Rolls-Royce.
BUiD has received backing from local and international organisations who have shown their support for BUiD at several levels including funding and scholarships. These include the Emirates Group, DUCAB, Dubai Duty Free, DUGAS, Atkins, Hyder Consulting, and the Emirates Foundation.
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- MSc Informatics (Knowledge and Data Management)
- MSc Information Technology Management
- MSc Project Management
- Master of Education : (Special and Inclusive Education, English Language Teaching, Management Leadership and Policy, Information and Communication Technology)
- MSc Sustainable Design of Built Environment : (Architectural Design, Interior Design, Smart Buildings, Urban Design)
- MSc in Finance
- MSc/Diploma Human Resource Management
- MSc Systems Engineering
- MSc Construction Law and Dispute Resolution
- MSc Intelligent Buildings Design and Automation
- MSc Construction Management (CM)
- MSc Engineering Management
- MSc Structural Engineering
- Doctorate/PhD in Education
- PhD in Project Management
- PhD in Architecture and Sustainable Built Environment
- PhD in Computer Science
- PhD in Business Management
Doctor of Education
The EdD degree offered by the Faculty of Education is designed to meet the needs of professionals working within the educational sector. This may be in all levels of education from schools through to higher education as well as in organisations that have educational and training responsibilities in the public and private sectors. The student will design a specialised research programme to meet his/her educational and career objectives.
The program attracts high achieving participants from the UAE and throughout the region interested in topics of teaching, learning, management, policy, special education and others.
Post Graduate Certificates and Diploma
Post Graduate Diplomas and Certificates are accredited by Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research. The new Diplomas and Certificates are for the Business, Engineering & IT and Education programmes. BUiD Certificates carry 60 Masters level academic credits, Diplomas stand for 120 credits and BUiD’s Masters are 180 credits. Students who graduate with a Diploma have an option of later pursuing their Masters at BUiD by relinquishing their Diploma and completing the 60 credits dissertation.
Post Graduate Certificates and Diplomas programmes:
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management
- Graduate Certificate in Informatics
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Design and Built Environment
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Project Management
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Informatics
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Intelligent Building Design and Automation
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Sustainable Design and Built Environment
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Systems Engineering