British Video Association
The British Video Association (BVA) is a video home entertainment organisation established in 1980. Its members include the BBC and Hollywood studios. The Association organises an annual awards ceremony (The BVA Awards) in London. In 2003, the BVA reported a 61% increase of DVD sales alongside a tripling in the illegal downloading of film and television files. In 2010 the Association publicised the fact that around six million people in the UK have failed to acquire a High Definition signal for HD ready Television sets.
- Sophie Curtis (2 September 2013). "Broadband providers under pressure to clamp down on illegal downloads". The Telegraph. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- "BVA Awards 2013". Entertainment Retail Association. Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- "Internet piracy figures 'triple'". BBC News. 7 May 2004.
- "Six million people in the UK miss out on HD TV". HDTVorg. 9 April 2010.
- Sara Nathan (9 April 2010). "Highly difficult: How millions have bought a high definition TV ... but don't have a clue how to make it work properly". Mail Online.