|Residency by Britney Spears|
|Location||Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.|
|Venue||Park Theater at Park MGM|
|No. of shows||32|
|Britney Spears concert chronology|
Britney: Domination was the planned second concert residency by American singer Britney Spears, scheduled to be performed at the Park Theater located in the Park MGM hotel and casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Background and announcement
After completing 248 shows at Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood between December 2013 and December 2017 with Britney: Piece of Me, Spears announced her second residency at the Toshiba Plaza at T-Mobile Arena on October 18, 2018. That same month, numerous sources reported that the show would have an "urban, hip-hop vibe", differing from Spears' previous residency. The stage was to take advantage of bleeding edge technology, with Spears performing a mix of her hit songs with hip-hop influences throughout.
Nappytabs, an Emmy Award-winning duo of married choreographers, confirmed they would be responsible for the creative direction of the new show. Tickets went on sale Friday, October 26, 2018, at 10 AM PDT.
On January 4, 2019, Spears placed the residency on hold until further notice, citing her father's health issues and recovery as the reason. According to her team, her father recently suffered from a near-fatal colon rupture, and is currently recuperating at home after a lengthy hospital course. Her team also announced that Spears would go on an indefinite work hiatus, putting all activities and commitments on hold, so that she can spend time with her family. As of February 2020, it is unknown if Spears will reschedule the residency.
Following the announcement of the hiatus, the show's creative team revealed that "Overprotected" and "My Prerogative" were originally scheduled to be performed in the show. Other songs were showcased in rehearsal footage, including "I'm a Slave 4 U", "Do You Wanna Come Over?", "Break the Ice", "Scream & Shout", and "Coupure Électrique".
- Sources for residency title:
- Brooks, Dave (January 4, 2019). "Britney Spears' Domination Las Vegas Residency Cancellation Could Cost Her Millions". Billboard. Eldridge Industries. Archived from the original on March 17, 2019. Retrieved March 17, 2019.
- Aswad, Jem (January 4, 2019). "Britney Spears Postpones 'Domination' Shows Due to Father's Illness". Variety. Penske Media Corporation. Archived from the original on March 17, 2019. Retrieved March 17, 2019.
- Real, Evan (January 4, 2019). "Britney Spears Puts 'Domination' Vegas Residency on Hold Due to Father's Health". The Hollywood Reporter. Eldridge Industries. Archived from the original on March 17, 2019. Retrieved March 17, 2019.
- Katsilometes, John. "Britney Spears' next Las Vegas Strip appearance is Thursday". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved October 18, 2018.
- "Britney: Domination". HotNewHipHop. Archived from the original on October 20, 2018. Retrieved October 20, 2018.
- Nappytabs. "We created this little moment, just to announce @BritneySpears New Residency at Park Theatre. Wait til you see what we do with the new show..." Instagram. Retrieved October 20, 2018.
- "Park Theater - MGM Resorts". Retrieved October 18, 2018.
- Spears, Britney (January 4, 2019). "I don't even know where to start with this, because this is so tough for me to say. I will not be performing my new show Domination. I've been looking forward to this show and seeing all of you this year, so doing this breaks my heart.pic.twitter.com/kHgFAVTjNA". @britneyspears. Retrieved January 4, 2019.
- Spears, Britney (January 4, 2019). "Britney Announces Indefinite Work Hiatus". Britney Spears. Retrieved January 4, 2019.
- D'umo, Napoleon and Tabitha (January 4, 2019). "Thank you #BritneyFans for all ur messages. It's been a fun 3mo w/all ur input. U guys are some amazing fans. Hopefully can do again soon. And OH BTW, Yes Overprotected, My Perogative & many of ur favs were back in setlist. Also live vocals & wardrobe concerns we had ur back". @NAPPYTABS. Retrieved January 6, 2019.[dead link]
|This music event–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|