Britney Spears products
Since the launch of her career, American recording artist and entertainer Britney Spears has developed and endorsed a number of products; these have included books, video releases, video games, dolls, clothing (in conjunction with her tours), branded clothing, and successful fragrances. She has also contributed to others albums by songwriting.
- 1 Official video releases
- 2 Fragrances
- 3 Toys/games
- 4 Britney's American Dream
- 5 Britney For Candie's Collection
- 6 The Intimate Britney Spears Collection
- 7 Femme Fatale Haircare Products
- 8 Shades Of Britney
- 9 Books
- 10 Song for others
- 11 Merchography
- 12 Endorsements
- 13 References
- 14 External links
Official video releases
|Year||DVD information||DVD contents|
|1999||Time Out with Britney Spears
|2000||Live and More!
|2001||Britney: The Videos
|2002||Live from Las Vegas
|2004||In the Zone
|2004||Greatest Hits: My Prerogative
|2005||Britney & Kevin: Chaotic
|2009||Britney: For the Record
|2011||Britney Spears Live: The Femme Fatale Tour
Spears endorsed her first Elizabeth Arden fragrance "Curious" in 2004, and earned $300 million in sales in just five weeks, becoming then Elizabeth Arden's Top Selling Fragrance Worldwide. In September 2005, Spears released the fragrance "Fantasy", which also saw massive success, becoming the best selling fragrance of 2006. In April 2006, Spears launched "Curious In Control" as a limited edition fragrance. 2006 also saw the release of yet another perfume: "Midnight Fantasy". September 24, 2007 marked the release date of a new fragrance collection "Believe" which makes it her fifth perfume in three years. She released her sixth perfume, "Curious Heart", in January 2008. In December 2008, Spears released two more perfumes with the release of her sixth studio album "Circus". On May 21, 2009, it is posted on her official website that Spears has the number one selling celebrity fragrance line on the market. On August 15, 2009, according to her official website it is stated that "Curious" won the Glammy Award for "Best Beauty Buy of 2009" by Glamour Magazine readers. For the 4th year in a row, "Curious" has successfully taken home the Glammy Award for "Best Drugstore Fragrance."
As of 2009, according to official data from Elizabeth Arden, Britney Spears Fragrances had sold 100 million bottles worldwide. As of 2012, her fragrances brand had grossed over $3.3 billion worldwide. According to reports from UK Newspaper Daily Express, as of 2013, a bottle of a Britney Spears fragrance is sold every 2.2 seconds worldwide. As of 2017 it was reported that over 175 million fragrances had been sold with over $4.8 billion in revenue. It was noted by billboard that Britney has sold 80% as many fragrances as she has sold albums.
|2004||Release date: September 2004
Tagline: "Do you dare?"
|"Someday (I Will Understand)" CD Single.|
|2005||Fantasy||Release date: September 15, 2005
Tagline: "Everybody has one."
|Bonus CD including songs "And Then We Kiss" (Junkie XL Remix) and "Breathe on Me"|
|2006||Release date: April 16, 2006
Tagline: "Are you?"
||Release date: December 2006
Tagline: "Magic Begins at Midnight."
|2007||Release date: September 24, 2007
Tagline: "The greatest freedom is to believe in yourself."
|Her fifth studio album, Blackout (Only with purchase over $50)|
||Release date: January 2008
Tagline: "Live yours to the fullest."
||Release date: January 2009
Tagline: "What do you have to hide?"
||Release date: September 2009
Tagline: "Where Nothing is what it seems"
|Bonus CD including songs "Circus" (Junior Vazquez Electric Circus Remix) and "Kill the Lights"|
|2010||Radiance||Release date: September 2010
Tagline: "Choose your own destiny"
|2011||Cosmic Radiance||Release date: August 2011
Tagline: "Be the brightest star in the universe"
|2012||Fantasy Twist||Release date: October 2012
Tagline: "Choose Your Fantasy"
|2013||Island Fantasy||Release date: April 2013
Tagline: "What's your island fantasy?"
|2013||Fantasy: Anniversary Edition||Release date: October 2013
Tagline: "10 Hugs & 10 Kisses, xoxo - Britney"
|2014||Fantasy: The Nice Remix||Release date: February 2014
Tagline: "Everybody has one. Naughty or Nice."
|2014||Fantasy: The Naughty Remix||Release date: February 2014
Tagline: "Everybody has one. Naughty or Nice."
|2014||Fantasy: Stage Edition
||Release date: July 2014
Tagline: "Your faint fantasy fragrance + limited edition bottle xoxo, Britney"
|2014||Rocker Femme Fantasy
||Release date: November 2014
Tagline: "Unlock your rock n roll side"
|2015||Fantasy Intimate Edition||Release date: June 2015
Tagline: "Everybody has an intimate fantsay"
|2016||Maui Fantasy||Release date: February 2016
Tagline: "Aloha From Hawaii - xoxo Britney"
|2016||Private Show||Release date: July 2016
Tagline: "It's your Private Show."
|2017||Fantasy In Bloom||Release date: January 2017
|2017||VIP Private Show||Release date: August 2017
Tagline: "It's your #VIPSHOW."
In 1999, Play Along Toys released the Britney Spears doll. It was the first product ever released by this toy company. The doll featured Spears with various outfits, make-up and hairstyles from her concerts, appearances, photoshoots and music videos. Yaboom Toys also made a singing Britney Spears doll that would "sing' when you pressed her belly button - along with miniature dolls & Britney concert stages/Tour Bus toy replicas. The line of merchandise eventually included Britney porcelain dolls.
Gameplay involves pressing buttons in time with music. Symbols for buttons are arranged in a circle, resembling a clock dial. A pointer sweeps around the dial, indicating when to press each button.
The game contains five songs: "...Baby One More Time", "Oops!... I Did It Again", "Stronger", "Overprotected" and "I'm a Slave 4 U". Successful play is rewarded with "backstage passes" which unlocks features such as backstage video footage of Britney.
There's also a video vault. When you complete auditions you get backstage passes to unlock 360 immersive videos and behind the scenes footage.
The game also includes various remixes during behind the scenes footage, menus, and credits. It also has photoshoots during credits.
Reviews of the game are average. GameRankings and Metacritic gave it a score of 57.75% and 53 out of 100 for the GBA version, 63.29% and 63 out of 100 for the PS2 version, and 18% and 24 out of 100 for the PC version.
Entertainment Weekly gave the PS2 version a B+ and stated that "the game is just cheesy enough to make you stop, look, and bust out dancing." The Cincinnati Enquirer gave it a positive review and said of the game, "There's nothing groundbreaking about it, but in some ways, that's what keeps the game fun." However, Maxim gave the same console version a score of four out of ten and called it "a mindless version of 'Simon Says' to the masterful beats of 'Oops!... I Did It Again.'"
Cell phone game
A cell phone game created by Qplaze-RME and Sony BMG titled "Adventures of Britney Spears" was announced in December 2005 but was never released. Images and video footage of the game were released along with the game's press release. Ten years later she started working on a game with Glu. In 2016 she released a casual role play as a pop star game called Britney's American Dream in May 2016 and it sold 500,000 copies.
Britney's American Dream
Britney launched her first official game in 2016, in May. Britney's American Dream was developed by Glu (the same Company that developed Kim Kardashian: Hollywood)
Britney For Candie's Collection
In March 2009, Britney was announced as the new face of Candie's, a clothing brand marketed for pre-teens and teenagers. After being the face of the line for two years, it was announced that Spears would design a limited edition collection for Candie's which would be unveiled by mid year. It premiered on July 1, 2010 with prices ranging from $14 to $78. In an interview with InStyle Magazine's website, Spears announced a few more pieces would be sold in September and October and that she would love to design for them again.
The Intimate Britney Spears Collection
In August 2014, Britney announced through her Twitter account that she would be releasing an intimate apparel. It was available to be purchased on September 9 in the United States and Canada through Spears' Intimate Collection website it was later available on the 25th of September for purchase in Europe. The company now ships to over 200 countries including Australia and New Zealand.
Femme Fatale Haircare Products
Shades Of Britney
Early in her career she had a line of shades/sunglasses 2000 
- Heart to Heart (May 9, 2000)
- A Mother's Gift (April 10, 2001)
- Stages (including the DVD 3 Days in Mexico, December 2002)
Song for others
|2003||Look Who's Talking Now||Michelle Bell, Bloodshy And Avant||BOA||BOA (2009)|
|2004||Follow Me||Henrik Jonback, Bloodshy & Avant||Jamie Lynne Spears||Zoey 101|
|2008||Whiplash||Nicole Morier, Greg Kurstan||Selena Gomez & the Scene||When The Sun Goes Down (2012)|
Britney has had an increasing amount of successful selling merchandise in her career. These ranging from notepads and pens to wall clocks and messenger bags.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2015)
Britney has endorsed several brands throughout her career, including Polaroid, Skechers, Got Milk?, Eos and Pepsi. She has also included endorsements in her music videos for brands such as Bvlgari, Swarovski, Volkswagen, Mazda, MateFit, PlentyOfFish, Beats Electronics, Sony, Nokia and Samsung.
- [dead link]
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110706082356/http://www.strongerbritney.com.ar/2010/10/dvd-de-my-prerogative-es-doble-platino.html. Archived from the original on July 6, 2011. Retrieved September 24, 2010. Missing or empty
- Wasserman, Todd (September 13, 2005). "What's a Step Above "Curious"? Apparently, "Fantasy"". brandweek.com. Archived from the original on 2006-02-24. Retrieved 2006-05-01.
- "Britney Spears debuts CIRCUS fantasy BRITNEY SPEARS(TM) at select department stores in September 2009". Elizabeth Arden. September 2, 2009. Archived from the original on 2014-06-27. Retrieved 2014-06-26.
- Lauren (August 15, 2009). "Curious Wins Beauty Award For 4th Straight Year". BritneySpears.com. Archived from the original on August 18, 2009.
- "Britney Spears 'X Factor' Deal: By The Numbers". MTV. October 5, 2012. Archived from the original on 2014-06-27. Retrieved 2014-06-26.
- "The sweet smell of success: The celebrity fragrance industry is still going strong". Daily Express. June 2, 2013. Archived from the original on 2014-06-27. Retrieved 2014-06-26.
- "Britney's Dance Beat for PlayStation 2". GameRankings. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- "Britney's Dance Beat for Game Boy Advance". GameRankings. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- "Britney's Dance Beat for PC". GameRankings. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- "Britney's Dance Beat Critic Reviews for PlayStation 2". Metacritic. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- "Britney's Dance Beat Critic Reviews for Game Boy Advance". Metacritic. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- "Britney's Dance Beat for PC Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- Miller, Skyler. "Britney's Dance Beat (GBA) - Review". AllGame. Archived from the original on 2014-11-13. Retrieved 2014-12-10.
- House, Michael L. "Britney's Dance Beat (PS2) - Review". AllGame. Archived from the original on 2014-11-13. Retrieved 2014-12-10.
- Miller, Eden. "Britney's Dance Beat (PC) - Review". AllGame. Archived from the original on 2014-11-13. Retrieved 2014-12-10.
- Edge staff (June 2002). "Britney's Dance Beat (PS2)". Edge (111).
- "Britney's Dance Beat (PS2)". Electronic Gaming Monthly: 123. August 2002.
- Bramwell, Tom (2002-07-08). "Britney's Dance Beat Review (PS2)". Eurogamer. Retrieved 2014-01-19.
- Mason, Lisa (June 2002). "Britney's Dance Beat (GBA)". Game Informer (110): 93. Archived from the original on 2005-03-11. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- "Britney's Dance Beat (PS2)". Game Informer (111): 83. July 2002.
- Dan Elektro (2002-05-14). "Britney's Dance Beat Review for PS2 on GamePro.com". GamePro. Archived from the original on 2005-02-12. Retrieved 2014-01-19.
- Davis, Ryan (2002-05-14). "Britney's Dance Beat Review (PS2)". GameSpot. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- Provo, Frank (2002-04-16). "Britney's Dance Beat Review (GBA)". GameSpot. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- Abarcar, Gabe "The Prof" (2002-06-08). "Britney's Dance Beat (PS2)". GameSpy. Archived from the original on 2004-12-15. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- Bub, Andrew S. (2002-04-14). "Britney's Dance Beat (GBA)". GameSpy. Archived from the original on 2005-02-14. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- Bedigian, Louis (2002-04-14). "Britney's Dance Beat Review - Game Boy Advance". GameZone. Archived from the original on 2007-10-06. Retrieved 2014-01-19.
- Perry, Douglass C. (2002-05-09). "Britney's Dance Beat (PS2)". IGN. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- Harris, Craig (2002-04-23). "Britney's Dance Beat (GBA)". IGN. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- "Britney's Dance Beat". Nintendo Power. 156: 138. May 2002.
- "Britney's Dance Beat". Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine: 99. July 2002.
- Chan, Norman (October 2002). "Britney's Dance Beat". PC Gamer: 98. Archived from the original on 2003-09-08. Retrieved 2014-01-19.
- Robischon, Noah (2002-04-05). "(Nearly) True Brit (Britney's Dance Beat Review)". Entertainment Weekly (647): 125. Retrieved 2014-01-19.
- Boyce, Ryan (2002-03-08). "Britney's Dance Beat". Maxim. Archived from the original on 2014-02-23. Retrieved 2014-12-10.
- Garton, Matt (2002-06-11). "Britney title scores for dance fans". The Cincinnati Enquirer. Archived from the original on 2005-05-10. Retrieved 2014-01-19.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20090323032944/http://www.britneyspears.com/2009/03/breaking-news-britney-is-the-new-candies-girl.php. Archived from the original on March 23, 2009. Retrieved July 11, 2010. Missing or empty
- https://web.archive.org/web/20100706180136/http://www.britneyspears.com/2010/04/candies-photo-shoot-tweet.php. Archived from the original on July 6, 2010. Retrieved July 11, 2010. Missing or empty
- [dead link]
- "Britney Dishes on New Collection for Candie's - InStyle". News.instyle.com. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
Britney's Dance Beat