SR 267 exit for Broadlands
|Time zone||UTC−5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
|Area code(s)||571 and 703|
Broadlands is a census-designated place in Loudoun County, Virginia. It is a 1,500-acre master-planned community that combines modern living and active lifestyles within a natural environment. It was started and developed by Van Metre Homes in the 1990s. It is built on wetlands and is certified as a Community Wildlife Habitat by the National Wildlife Federation.
According to Data US, which includes US Census ACS data, Broadlands, VA has a population of 13,872 people with a median age of 33.9 and a median household income of $169,353. Between 2015 and 2016 the population of Broadlands, VA grew from 13,436 to 13,872, a 3.25% increase and its median household income grew from $169,167 to $169,353, a 0.11% increase.
The Broadlands community is managed by Broadlands Association, Inc., a homeowners association that incorporated in 1995 and composed of 9 resident members. Broadlands became homeowner-controlled in 2009. Broadlands also includes two apartment complexes with rental units: The Arbors at Broadlands and The Van Metre Broadlands Apartments. The median property value in Broadlands, VA is $569,800, and the homeownership rate is 85%. Broadlands is home to three Loudoun County Public Schools: Hillside Elementary, Mill Run Elementary, and Eagle Ridge Middle School.
Broadlands is located in eastern Loudoun County, just off the Dulles Greenway at Claiborne Parkway (Exit 5) or Ashburn Village Blvd/Moorview Parkway (Exit 6), midway between Dulles International Airport and the town of Leesburg, Virginia, close to AOL's headquarters and other corporate centers.
- "List of Community Habitats".
- Virginia Trend Report 2: State and Complete Places (Sub-state 2010 Census Data). Archived 2012-07-11 at Archive.today Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed 2011-03-08.
- Bureau, U.S. Census. "American FactFinder - Results". factfinder.census.gov. Archived from the original on 2020-02-13. Retrieved 2018-05-04.
- "Broadlands, VA - About". Data USA. Retrieved 2018-05-04.
- "About Broadlands". Broadlands HOA. Retrieved 19 June 2015.
- Google Maps
|This Loudoun County, Virginia state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|