Broadview, South Australia
Adelaide, South Australia
Prospect fair in 2018 hosted at Broadview Oval
|Population||4,129 (2016 census)|
|Location||6 km (4 mi) N of Adelaide city centre|
|LGA(s)||City of Port Adelaide Enfield|
City of Prospect
|State electorate(s)||Enfield (2011)|
|Federal Division(s)||Adelaide (2011)|
The suburb was laid out in 1915 by C. H. Angas and K. D. Bowman.
Broadview Post Office did not open until 20 November 1945 and closed in 1987.
This section needs to be updated.August 2019)(
The age distribution of Broadview residents is similar to that of the greater Australian population. 70.9% of residents were over 25 years in 2006, compared to the Australian average of 66.5%; and 29.1% were younger than 25 years, compared to the Australian average of 33.5%.
Facilities and attractions
Broadview Oval is located between Collingrove Avenue and McInnes Avenue and includes a playground and croquet lawns which are the home to the Broadview Croquet Club. The oval is the home ground for the Broadview Football Club, the "Tigers", who play in the South Australian Amateur Football League and SANFL Juniors. Adjacent to the oval and croquet lawns are tennis courts which is the home of the Broadview Tennis Club.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Broadview (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- "Place Names of South Australia". The Manning Index of South Australian History. State Library of South Australia. Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- "Broadview, South Australia (Adelaide)". Postcodes-Australia. Postcodes-Australia.com. Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- "Electoral Districts - Electoral District for the 2010 Election". Electoral Commission SA. Archived from the original on 22 August 2011. Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- "Find my electorate". Australian Electoral Commission. 15 April 2011. Archived from the original on 30 April 2011. Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- Adelaide and surrounds street directory (47th ed.). UBD. 2009. ISBN 978-0-7319-2336-6.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Broadview (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 15 April 2011.
- "Public Transport in Adelaide". Adelaide Metro official website. Dept. for Transport, Energy and Infrastructure, Public Transport Division. 12 January 2011. Archived from the original on 26 April 2011. Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- "City of Port Adelaide Enfield". Official website. City of Port Adelaide Enfield. Retrieved 27 April 2011.
- "City of Prospect". Official website. City of Prospect. Retrieved 27 April 2011.