|Location||769 Broadview Avenue
|Opened||25 February 1966|
In 2003, a renovation of the station began, adding an extra streetcar track, additional bus bays, new signage, and elevators/stairways to the platforms, satisfying fire safety requirements for a second exit. The elevators entered service in 2006, and the stairs from the westbound subway to the bus/streetcar platform afterwards. The next stage of the renovation was to build a stairway from the bus/streetcar platform to the eastbound subway platform. This was completed and opened in 2008; however, it was closed shortly afterwards due to water ingress. It has since been re-opened.
The station, located at the east end of the Prince Edward Viaduct, serves the local communities of Playter Estates, Greektown and Riverdale and nearby destinations such as The Music Hall and Riverdale Park.
- 8 Broadview to Coxwell Ave & O'Connor Dr
- 62 Mortimer to Main Street Station
- 87A Cosburn to Main Street Station via East York Acres
- 87B to Coxwell Avenue
- 87C to Main Street Station
- 100 Flemingdon Park to Eglinton Avenue and Don Mills Road
- 304 Blue Night King to Dundas West Station
- 504 King to Dundas West Station
- 505 Dundas to Dundas West Station
- Wheelchair accessible shuttle bus service to the Don Valley Brick Works is available seven days a week from Erindale Avenue, on the north side of the parkette.
|Broadview Subway Station Parkette|
|Location||769 Broadview Ave at Erindale|
|Area||932 m2 (10,030 sq ft)|
|Operated by||Toronto Parks|
The northwest corner of the station property, which was not required for transit purposes, was leased to the former City of Toronto’s Parks Department, since the early 1970s, for use as a public park. During the upgrading of the station facilities in the 2000s, part of the parkette land was required to expand the streetcar platforms and the remainder was used as a staging area during the construction. Subsequently in 2010 the TTC declared this portion of the site surplus to its operating requirements and the City of Toronto, Parks, Forestry and Recreation agreed to maintain the re-landscaped land for use as a parkette.
- "Subway ridership, 2014" (PDF). Toronto Transit Commission. Retrieved September 12, 2015.
This table shows the typical number of customer-trips made on each subway on an average weekday and the typical number of customers travelling to and from each station platform on an average weekday.
- "Broadview Station Modifications Approval Of Conceptual Layout". Toronto Transit Commission. December 9, 2002. Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- Jack Lakey (Jul 30, 2007). "Broadview station work is finally nearing an end". Toronto Star. Retrieved 22 September 2010.
- Munro, Steve. "Broadview Station Second Exit Stays Closed". Archived from the original on 2015-03-04. Retrieved 16 August 2010.
- Evergreen Brick Works Shuttle Service
- Staff (January 14, 2010). "Part of 769 Broadview Avenue – Rezoning Application – Final Report" (PDF). City of Toronto. Retrieved August 2011. Check date values in:
Media related to Broadview Station at Wikimedia Commons