Broadway Historic District (Rock Island, Illinois)
Broadway Historic District
House at 22nd St. and 7th Avenue
|Location||Roughly bounded by 17th and 23rd Sts., 5th and 7th Aves., Lincoln Court, and 12th and 13th Aves., Rock Island, Illinois|
|Architect||Leonard M. Drack; et al.|
|Architectural style||Queen Anne, Colonial Revival, Italianate|
|NRHP reference #||98001046 |
|Added to NRHP||August 14, 1998|
Broadway Historic District is a nationally recognized historic district and neighborhood in Rock Island, Illinois, United States. It is roughly bounded by 17th and 23rd street, 5th and 7th avenues, Lincoln Court, and 12th and 13th avenues. Containing more than 550 Victorian homes as well as other buildings, it known for its Great Unveiling program, which encourages the removal of artificial siding from historic houses.
Contributing properties in the district include:
- Connor House (Rock Island, Illinois)
- First Church of Christ, Scientist (Rock Island, Illinois)
- Lincoln School (Rock Island, Illinois)
- Potter House (Rock Island, Illinois)
- Robert Wagner House
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- City of Rock Island - Broadway Historic District Archived August 4, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- Broadway Historic District history Archived May 22, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- Broadway Historic District Association website
- The Broadway Historic District Qctimes.tv 12 minute video
- Media related to Broadway Historic District (Rock Island, Illinois) at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a property in Illinois on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Rock Island County, Illinois location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|