Brock Hall, Maryland
|• Total||13.7 sq mi (35.6 km2)|
|• Land||13.6 sq mi (35.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|• Density||690/sq mi (270/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||597135|
Brock Hall is an unincorporated area and census-designated place in eastern Prince George's County, Maryland, United States, located south of Bowie and north of Upper Marlboro. As of the 2010 census, the CDP had a population of 9,552.
Brock Hall is located in eastern Prince George's County, approximately 11 miles (18 km) east of the boundary of the District of Columbia and 2 miles (3 km) north of Upper Marlboro. U.S. Route 301 forms the eastern boundary of the community.
As of the 2010 census, the CDP had a total area of 13.7 square miles (35.6 km2), of which 13.6 square miles (35.3 km2) was land and 0.12 square miles (0.3 km2), or 0.98%, was water.
Government and infrastructure
Elementary schools serving sections of the CDP are Arrowhead, Barack Obama, Patuxent, and Pointer Ridge. Most of the CDP is zoned to Kettering Middle School, with portions zoned instead to Benjamin Tasker and James Madison middle schools. The CDP is served by Dr. Henry A Wise, Jr. High School, Largo High School, and Bowie High School.
The CDP also houses Imagine Foundations at Leeland Charter School. The 54-acre (22 ha) campus, which had seven buildings as of 2011, formerly housed Queen Anne School, established in 1964 by St. Barnabas' Episcopal Church, Leeland. It had 11 students in its first year and 30 students the following year. Eventually it had almost 300 students, but at one point its enrollment declined. By 2011 the school had only 94 students left and the administration announced it was closing. The charter school announced that year that it was moving into the campus
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Brock Hall, Maryland
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Brock Hall CDP, Maryland". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved December 15, 2011.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Brock Hall CDP, Maryland". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved December 15, 2011.
- "District 2 Station - Bowie." Prince George's County Police Department. Retrieved on September 9, 2018. "District 2 Station - Bowie 601 SW Crain Highway Bowie, MD 20715 ". Beat map.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP (INDEX): Brock Hall CDP, MD." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on August 28, 2018. Pages: 1, 2, 3, and 4.
- "NEIGHBORHOOD ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS AND BOUNDARIES SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019." Prince George's County Public Schools. Retrieved on August 26, 2018.
- "NEIGHBORHOOD MIDDLE SCHOOLS AND BOUNDARIES SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019." Prince George's County Public Schools. Retrieved on August 26, 2018.
- "NEIGHBORHOOD HIGH SCHOOLS AND BOUNDARIES SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019." Prince George's County Public Schools. Retrieved on August 26, 2018.
- "Contact Us." Imagine Foundations at Leeland Charter School. Retrieved on August 29, 2018. "Imagine Foundations at Leeland Public Charter School, 14111 Oak Grove Road. Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20774-8424"
- Samuels, Robert (2011-05-09). "A Prince George's private school closes". Washington Post. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- Waite, Andrew (2011-04-19). "Imagine to take over Queen Anne School in Upper Marlboro". The Gazette. Retrieved 2018-08-29.
- Home. St. Barnabas Church. Retrieved on August 29, 2018. "How to Find Us. St. Barnabas' Episcopal Church 14111 Oak Grove Road Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20774" - Map