Retallick about to line-out jump
|Full name||Brodie Allan Retallick|
|Date of birth||31 May 1991|
|Place of birth||Rangiora, New Zealand|
|Height||2.04 m (6 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||121 kg (19 st 1 lb; 267 lb)|
|School||Christchurch Boys' High School|
|Notable relative(s)||Culum Retallick (cousin)
John Ashworth (uncle)
|Rugby union career|
Retallick attended Christchurch Boys' High School before playing for the Hawkes Bay Magpies in 2010 and 2011 ITM Cup. He plays for the Chiefs in Super Rugby and Bay of Plenty Steamers in the ITM Cup.
His debut for the All Blacks was against Ireland on 9 June 2012, during the 2012 Ireland rugby union tour of New Zealand. Retallick played in every match for the All Blacks, either from the bench or starting, in the 2012 Rugby Championship. In total playing 13 games for the national side in 2012.
In 2013, Retallick continued his workload for the All Blacks by playing a further 11 tests during the year.
By 2014, the world-class locking combination of Retallick with Sam Whitelock meant he had now been recognised as an automatic selection for the All Blacks. On 22 November 2014, he won the World Rugby Player of the Year. Retallick is married to Niki Thompson, who he has one child with.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 28 June 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-03. Rugby Fix
- Bay of Plenty Times
- New Zealand Under-20 squad-named
- "Brodie Retallick". allblacks.com. NZRU. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- Robson, Toby. "All Blacks lock has an appetite for destruction". stuff.co.nz. Fairfax Media Digital. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- Brodie Retallick at AllBlacks.com
- ESPN Scrum profile
- Chiefs profile
- Yahoo NZ profile
- RugbyFix Brodie Retallick Profile
|This biographical article relating to New Zealand rugby union is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|